Question about amber necklaces

K

Kalah

A few questions actually.

1. How does the one for teething even work? Do you just put it around baby's neck and leave it there? Is it safe to leave her alone wearing it? Will it break? For those that have used one, does it really work any better than teething powders/gels/toys?

2. The nursing necklace, does it work? I have problems keeping LO from getting distracted while she eats. She seems to like playing with my bra strap, pulling it back far as she can then snapping it back on me. She also likes to get a handful of boob and dig her nails into it leading to me shouting OUCH and her crying =(
Has anyone used one, what do you think of it?

Can anyone recommend a good site to buy them from?

River has worn hers 24/7 since she was 8 weeks old. I cant say whether it works well or not as we dont know what she would be like without but she does have 8 teeth and have only used calpol once and she i generally fine with teeth coming through

River has worn hers 24/7 since she was 8 weeks old. I cant say whether it works well or not as we dont know what she would be like without but she does have 8 teeth and have only used calpol once and she i generally fine with teeth coming through

Silly question, is the point of it to be chewed on?

No it short enough so that the baby doesnt really take any interest in it. This is Rivers at about 3 1/2 months.

Amber has natural pain relief quilitys to it so when close to the skin its absorbed in

I guess kind of like those copper bracelets people wear

Attachments

• 18653_268059890772_515030772_3970635_7310689_n.jpg
    18653_268059890772_515030772_3970635_7310689_n.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 5
A few questions actually.

1. How does the one for teething even work? Do you just put it around baby's neck and leave it there? Is it safe to leave her alone wearing it? Will it break? For those that have used one, does it really work any better than teething powders/gels/toys?

2. The nursing necklace, does it work? I have problems keeping LO from getting distracted while she eats. She seems to like playing with my bra strap, pulling it back far as she can then snapping it back on me. She also likes to get a handful of boob and dig her nails into it leading to me shouting OUCH and her crying =(
Has anyone used one, what do you think of it?

Can anyone recommend a good site to buy them from?

Amber is a kind of resin from trees rather than stone or jem. When amber is worn against warm skin it releases tine amounts of oil that contain an anti-inflammatory & is analgesic (pain reliver). Its also quite calming is is good for many different types of pain, mainly throat, ears, head etc.

yes you just put it round LO's neck & leave it, dont let them chew it.

i leave my LO wearing it, some people like to take them off at night or put them round the ankle.

necklaces for LO must be knotted before & after each bead, they are designed to break if enough force is aplied & the knots are so each bead dosent come off & cause a choacking hazzard.

My LO has only had the necklace for teathing, we missplaced it for a week & he was a nightmare so it defo works for us.

i've mever heard of a nursing necklace i'm afraid.

i cant recomend a site for the amber as the one i bought from has stopped selling. just make sure you are buying genuine baltic amber & not manufactured amber.

I used to put it on Omar's ankle when he was tiny, & now it's around his neck all day. I dont know if it works, but when he had his teeth at 1 year, he didnt have much pain. xx

www.dino-daisy.com is a fabulous site, both my 2 have necklaces from there. Both have worn theirs since about 8 weeks old, Kitty has 8 teeth now and has never dribbled or been bothered by them so i defo think they have some analgeasic effect x

Can I recommend that you put this question in the Natural Parenting section.
There are LOADS of Amber necklace users in there.

www.dino-daisy.com is a fabulous site, both my 2 have necklaces from there. Both have worn theirs since about 8 weeks old, Kitty has 8 teeth now and has never dribbled or been bothered by them so i defo think they have some analgeasic effect x

thanks for that, i just bought my own kitty one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->