Question about back pain

FJL

Heartbroken after m/c
Reaction score
First of all congratulations to those of you who are in your first trimester!

I was just wondering when you started to get back pain what kind of pain it was. Was it like period pain, or a back ache that you might get from standing up too long, or more like a pain as if your back was out?

Thanks everyone!

Hi FJL,

Mine was like period pain, in fact that's exactly what I thought it was. I normally got my Period pains 2-3 days before and when these "period" pains (although only really came in the evening) lasted over a week I just assumed I was coming down with something....until there was no sign of my monthly friend.

I wish you the best of luck FJL......

:dust:

xx

Mine was/is a perminant ache ...

The joys of SPD and siatica!
xxx

Hi hun,

My back pain was such an achey feeling, I just wanted to sit down....I first got it shopping in Tesco's, but managed to make it all the way around :lol:

Tam or Imi would be good to ask I think :D

Sorry copied this as i can't find the words (head up bum syndrome :D)

The two halves of your pelvis are connected at the front by a stiff joint called the symphysis pubis. This joint is strengthened by a dense network of ligaments which means that under normal conditions, very little movement occurs. In order to make your baby's passage through your pelvis as easy as possible, your body produces a hormone called relaxin, which softens the ligaments in your pelvis. As a result, these joints move more during and just after pregnancy.

Pain in the pubic area and groin are the most common symptoms. You may also suffer from back pain in pregnancy, Pelvic Girdle Pain (PGP) or hip pain. It is common to feel a grinding or clicking in your pubic area and the pain may travel down the inside of the thighs or between your legs. The pain is usually made worse by separating your legs, walking, going up or down stairs or moving around in bed. It is often much worse at night and can stop you getting much sleep. Getting up to go to the toilet in the middle of the night can be especially painful.

Thanks Imi. Surely it doesnt occur at 9 weeks though? I had this pain last time when pregnant but i sadly miscarried. I do sit funny when on the computer though!

More common in second tri but it can happen almost straight away hun!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->