question about clear blue fert mon...........

littlesara

Reaction score
hi,

i have a couple of questions:

1.) i've been using clear blue opk's............for about a month, used up a one-month supply.................never ever got a smiley face! so i was wondering....................what could be wrong? on CD33 right now, don't know if i missed it?? or what? no sign of AF either......

2.) next question: my order for the clear blue fert monitor came, with extra sticks, but i can't start using it until my AF arrives. right? so what do i do in the meantime?? should i just wait and see what happens? AF? BFP? would being pregnant, possibly mess up the OPK's? why didn't i ever get a smiley? i really wanted to see one of those~ha ha!

oh one more question............

the monitor directions state that it is ideal for woman with 21-42 long cycles. what if you have very irregular cycles?

wow not one comment huh? thanks guys for your help............

I have never used a monitor so I have no idea on that.

As far as not getting a smiley what time of the day do you test? If you use FMU odds are you will miss it. Mid day is the best time to test and if you have a short surge you may need to test twice a day to catch it.

hi,

i have a couple of questions:

1.) i've been using clear blue opk's............for about a month, used up a one-month supply.................never ever got a smiley face! so i was wondering....................what could be wrong? on CD33 right now, don't know if i missed it?? or what? no sign of AF either......

2.) next question: my order for the clear blue fert monitor came, with extra sticks, but i can't start using it until my AF arrives. right? so what do i do in the meantime?? should i just wait and see what happens? AF? BFP? would being pregnant, possibly mess up the OPK's? why didn't i ever get a smiley? i really wanted to see one of those~ha ha!

Hi littlesara, I can't help re the OPKs although I have read on the forum that it is possible to miss your LH surge if you're only testing once a day? If you have a look at the Everything You Wanted To Know About POAS But Were Afraid To Ask thread that might give you some info about this.

As regards the CBFM, I use one and yeah you can't start until AF arrives :shrug: but there's a good thread here about it https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-groups/127113-clear-blue-fertility-monitor.html.

Do you chart your temps? I find using the CBFM in conjunction with charting has been really helpful but I'm also tempted to use OPKs too in my weaker moments :blush:.

Hope you find out what you want to know! Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

I use the CBFM and sticks to confirm. You can't use the monitor until AF arrives I am afraid.

It is also not designed for very irregular cycles as it tries to "learn" your hormone levels at different times of the month to establish when your best times to DTD are.

As someone else says, the OPK's could be negative as you have missed your surge. Best bet is to wait for AF and then just use the monitor from then on with opk's to confirm the surge or temperatures to confirm ovulation.

Just a warning though that in 1st month you may not get a peak on the monitor while it is learning your cycle.

I use cheap amazon OPK's which only cost a couple of quid for 30 which means you can test a couple of times a day to make sure you don't miss the surge.

I wish you all the best and message me if you want to ask anything about the CBFM as I have used it for 9 months now (3 before Evelyn and then on cycle 6 this time)

Good luck and :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->