Question about Clomid vs Injectables..

CheerCoach

Reaction score
Hi ladies...

Hubby and I have been ttc for 5 months with no success :( Actually we had one bfp but ended up chemical. grrr.

We have daughters (18, 16 and 7 months)...the time period between our middle daughter and our baby we did not use any birth control and had 2 miscarriages (one in 98 the other in 09) it took us 16 months to conceive after the last miscarriage. So..with all that and having tried for 5 months my ob/gyn has referred us to the reproductive clinic. I just got the paperwork from them and will go in for my first workup appointment in a few weeks.

My question is in regards to clomid at my age...they told me on the phone that the first course of action would probably be clomid, but from what I read clomid may not be the best option at my age (39 on Dec 7th). What experiences do you ladies have with being in your late 30's early 40's with clomid...if you did take it and later went to injectables would you have preferred to skip the clomid? I want to be prepared to talk with the RE about all of this so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have never done injectables, but I would think that starting with clomid doesn't sound like a bad idea.
I wouldn't recommend staying on it for a year, but even a couple of cycles might be helpful.

Hopefully with such a young baby, your body will remember what to do quickly!
I hope this isn't offensive, but are you breastfeeing? Are you having regular cycles? I know you mentioned you've been ttc for 5 months, but sometimes your body isn't regular and fertile right after birth.

Good luck.

Also-OMG is your baby cute!!

Not breast-feeding any longer, I had implants about 10 years ago and I had issues with supply and flow :( We tried for 4 months but it just wasn't working, I was so emotional about it because I breastfed both of our other daughters for over a year and a half each.

My cycles have been very off since I had Mackenzie, I've had a 16 day cycle, 35 day cycle, a few 27 day cycles and a 32 day cycle. We're trying now because of how long it took to conceive before, I'd love to wait but with my age and our past my doc and I agreed that getting right on it would be best.

I'm considering the clomid still but trying to be well versed on options before I arrive at the clinic. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->