Question about cm...might be TMI. Sorry for long post

Jamie0987

Reaction score
OH and I have been "making cookies" pretty regularly as of late.

Yeah, that's what we call it because we have a four year old who repeats everything. Pretty funny though because whenever OH says "want to go make some cookies?" Our four-year yells "I would like some cookies!"

Anyway, because we've been bding so often it's been a little harder to keep track of cm so I've been doing research on how to tell the difference between his stuff and cm but I'm apparently terrible at it. I thought that I had ewcm just a couple days after my period and then again during my ovulation week and then I wiped tonight and my cm was clear, not super stretchy, and there wasn't much on the toilet paper (although it feels like there's a ton). We've been bding every two days or so and AF is due on the tenth. I guess my questions are

How accurate is cm when it comes to tracking ovulation?
When did you notice ewcm? Did you have it on multiple occasions?
Is it possible to ovulate two to three days after AF ends?
How long do you "leak" after bding?

I'll try to answer as best as I can since I'm learning myself.

CM can be fairly accurate, although it does get tricky once BD comes into play since fluids can be similar. Usually though if it's pretty stretchy it's EWCM. If not, it's from BD.

Last month I noticed EWCM right before O. I had a little bit on a couple days about week or so after as well.

I don't think you can O that soon, but I could be wrong!

Me personally I still am still seeing BD fluids when I wipe the morning after despite giving myself a good rinse afterwards the night before.

Hope that helps a bit!

Thank you! That does help:) I guess I'll move on over to tww.

First, I absolutely adore that you call it "making cookies" and I want to steal that.

Second, I find that tracking CM is really really hard for me, and I've read somewhere that not all women get the changes in CM. I haven't gotten ewcm even once since I went off bcp in early October, and a lot of days I have little to no cm at all. I'm a little nervous that I may not be ovulating at all, but my temping convinced me that I am.

Basically what I'm trying to say is don't get too discouraged if it's hard to track cm.

As for how long do I "leak" after making cookies :) I usually do a pretty thorough job of cleaning myself up and only have a few drops for a couple hours afterwards. But I have an easier time telling it from cm because the semen seems to soak into my underwear, whereas cm seems to sit on top, if that makes any sense at all.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Tracking cm has always helped me a lot, and I've found that I only 'leak' for a few hours, (or the next morning if it was right before bed, even after cleaning myself up) so past a few hours it should just be your own cm you're feeling. Tracking cm can be super helpful BUT not all women have as much of it and not 100% of women get the ewcm.

I've read that you can tell the difference by 1. cm is more clear while his um, spermies ;) are more white 2. if left to sit on the toilet paper for a little bit ewcm will still be there while sperm will soak into the toilet paper. 3. ewcm is extremely stretchy. 4. One will ball up when dropped in water I think thats the ewcm but i'm not positive.

But mostly the more you do it you will be able to tell the difference. Hope I helped a little

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->