Question about coming off BCP

notquite

*hopeful dreams*
Reaction score
Did anyone have any type of symptoms/reaction to coming off BCP? This is my first month completely without it (on CD17 today) and I am having TERRIBLE acne, I mean worse than I've had in a very long time. I hate it!! :growlmad:

Do you think it could be because of not taking hormonal BCP anymore?

The other thing I've noticed is more cramping... I was having mild cramping all week before supposed time for me to O, and couple days after as well. Ugh I am not looking forward to if AF comes, bet it would not feel too great!

Your hormones will be all over the place from coming off BCP.

I've had the cramps/twinges for about a week in the run up to AF. I was expecting AF to be painful when it arrived as I used to suffer a lot before I started the pill. I've now had 2 'real' AFs and they haven't actually been too bad.

I'm getting used to AF being longer and heavier than when I was on BCP!!

I had so-so acne on the pill, once I got off, I started to get it BADLY right before my period.

And yes to cramps. I was a day late for my period but they're so irregular, I knew I couldn't count on it, but I was having BAD weird cramps, very unlike PMS cramps. They felt like a knife in my uterus, so bad I would double over and not be able to move.

I was going to go to the Dr cause I had felt a pop/release in my abdomen the night before, and the odd cramps. Then I got my period.

Bottom line, BCP can mess you up and it takes a while to get back on track.

Hi notquite.. I'm the same, came off BCP about 6 weeks ago and instantly seemed to come out in spots. :( I really hope they go away!

I've been a bit up and down too. I've not had a proper AF yet, had the withdrawal bleed as usual straight after but about a week ago barely came on, nothing red, just a bit of brown spotting? Don't know if this is normal or not?

Glad to know I'm not the only one! I am just really trying to keep my face clean and everything but it makes me feel so unattractive :( Booo. So if anyone has any good remedies/prevention methods for acne then I am open to suggestions!

MooMrs did you have normal 28 day cycles when you were on BCP? Mine were usually like 25-28 days, but had been screwy the last couple months because I got kind of lax about taking my pill correctly... :blush: Oops. September I was taking it basically half the month then I had AF like 2 weeks early, then didn't really know what to do... so I waited till it was over then started a new pack, so this last cycle was 32 days and I thought I'd have a BFP as I'm never that late, but no. :nope:

I hope it can all get straightened out soon! Kind of ironic, I mean I am letting my body do what is supposed to be "natural" to it but it's so used to artificial that it's freaking out!

I was always so regular it was almost to the hour on the pill! Every 28 days. But then I took it really regularly, always at the same time pretty much (as i went to bed so never forgot).

The next day after posting here I started my first proper period, but its only lasted about 4 days. I was always about 6 days when on the pill.

I'm mixed up tho, I forgot to record when I stopped taking the pill so I'm not sure how long I've been off it -should have written it down lol. It seems important to record dates etc.. ah well guess I should start a diary or something?

as weird as it sounds ive heard that if you shower with head and shoulders shampoo and use it as a face and body wash it helps with acne

Ive never tried it but some swear by it just thought i would mention it

Good luck all

Did anyone have any type of symptoms/reaction to coming off BCP? This is my first month completely without it (on CD17 today) and I am having TERRIBLE acne, I mean worse than I've had in a very long time. I hate it!! :growlmad:

Do you think it could be because of not taking hormonal BCP anymore?

The other thing I've noticed is more cramping... I was having mild cramping all week before supposed time for me to O, and couple days after as well. Ugh I am not looking forward to if AF comes, bet it would not feel too great!

yes to the cramps and yes to the acne, just a little though but its significant to me. also my AF has been all over the place since then so yes all in all this is very lovely, can't wait for everything to just even out. best of luck to you!

I have had the worst cramps since coming off bc, was doubled up for the first couple weeks, no af! Went to doctors, tested me for pid etc as it was so severe, nothing!

It is so annoying, hopefully they will pass with time as cycle regulates :)

I was on the minipill so had no periods, had one now in 12 weeks off the pill

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->