question about ewcm and ovulation

salmb

mum of 2
Reaction score
Hi, just wondering which happens first for people.

Do you get ewcm then ovulate after , or ovulate then get ewcm or ovulate during ewcm ?

Also does anyone know how long an egg will last once you have ovulated, ive had ewcm since last night, dp is away till friday so im wondering whether we will still have a chance.

Ive been off the depo for a couple of months now, i havent had a proper period but last month i had brown bleeding for 3 days, this month i had slightly heavier than spotting pinkish brown blood on and off from last thurs night til sunday, just wondering if this was my period whether i could be ovulating so soon after my period as its only been a couple of days.

I hope someone can help me, im not charting or anything like that.
Thanks in advance.
sal xx

I dont really ever have ewcm that Ive noticed so not the best person to answer you but since no one else did I will try....
egg lasts 24 hrs at the most and sperm should be there to greet the egg is what i heard

also heard some people have ewcm before ovulating and others not having it til the day they ovulate.
I used opk tests to figure it out for myself

Good luck and baby dust for you! :dust:

EWCM should not be the only indicator used for ovulation as it can be finicky (some women like DaisyBee never get it), but it usually precedes ovulation (there is no set time for how much time it precedes it though) and can last through it. For example, I commonly have EWCM even the day after ovulation occurred.

If you see EWCM, definitely BD, but I'd also use things like OPKs and BBT charting if you feel up to in conjunction to get a better picture of your ovulation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->