Question about EWCM

epump

Reaction score
So something unusual has happened this cycle and I wanted to hear people's experience. I noticed *a ton* of EWCM on Cd19 and then again on Cd24 (today) - again, *a lot*. I haven't been charting temps or using OPKs this month so I'm not sure when exactly I ovulated, although it's not unusual for me to ovulate this late as I have had cycles in the past where I've ovulated Cd20-22. I am still not officially TTC until next month since I had an ectopic in March and received methotrexate.

I'm confused because this seems like a long span to have EWCM - 6 days, which in a year of charting I have never noticed. Usually it's only 2-3 days tops. I didn't really notice a ton of EWCM in between these instances, but, again, I wasn't checking regularly. Is this just my cycle being wonky?

Also, I'm a bit nervous since DH and I BD'd on Cd21 (in between these two instances) since we thought we were "safe" after I saw the EWCM on Cd19 and I've have never had EWCM re-appear a few days later.

I want to be pregnant so bad but I'd be nervous if it happened right now since I'm only 9 weeks out of the methotrexate.

Any ideas?

Thanks everyone! xoxo

You are SUPER fertile right after a miscarriage...when my husband and I had our miscarriage last year, we accidentally got pregnant again less than a month after the MC, without even getting a period and we only DTD once! (We lost that baby too, sadly, but not until 6 mths and it was an incompetent cervix.)
Anyway, the EWCM could just be a symptom of that extremely fertile period, or could indicate another pregnancy. I don't know enough about methotrexate to offer any advice on that part.

I think maybe you ovulated on CD 24. Personally (and I am by no means an expert), I had EWCM for 4 days before a positive OPK, then a heap of it 2 days after the positive OPK. It was my first month using OPK's though (wanted to see if I WAS ovulating after stopping the pill in January). Good luck with conceiving when it's safe!

You can get all different types of CM all throughout your cycle... I have gotten EWCM AFTER O, and then I mainly get it around O. So, it's really a toss up! When I was PG, I didn't really have EWCM, it was more creamy... As far as being more fertile after a m/c... I'm wondering if it's just an old wives tale... Or maybe it applies to the very FIRST cycle after (usually when you are advised to wait)... But I know many women who have not conceived again since their m/c and they are doing everything right!

Thanks for your opinions, everyone! I appreciate it. I'm definitely a full cycle past my loss so this is definitely the 2nd cycle - I'd always assumed the wives tale about being more fertile after a m/c only applied to the cycle immediately after. My doctor did say I could try this cycle (he advised waiting for one full period after the ectopic was over), but I was planning on waiting until next cycle.

Heather, I'm similar to you in that my last two pregnancies (and losses) I had a ton of creamy CM after ovulation. Which I haven't seen yet. It's all very strange.

I sincerely doubt I'm pregnant but I will guess we'll see. Ack!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->