Question about fisrt Midwife appointment?HELP?

12BeeMummy

Reaction score
Its my first midwife antenatal appointment tomorrow and for those of you that live in the UK do they give you an internal examination for any reason??

Hey, no you should just get some information on the screening offered and they will, get lots of information about you. Good luck - you will be fine! xxx

No examinations. I didn't have one (apart for a smear for early water leakage) until I was in labour. This will be height, weight, bloods and lots of paperwork :)

They ask a lot of questions about your family's medical history. I didn't have any kind of internal examination until 34 Weeks, but that wasn't routine it was due to complications (they found out I was 4cm dilated with bulging membranes at that point) good luck :)

unless you have a real medical reason I dont think they do that in the Uk..they didnt do an internal in me when i lived in Scotland until i was in extreme pain and then we found out at 4 months i was in preterm labor,...so it was at that point called for..

in the usa you get one the first visit.....if u have a concern about the whole thing ask you doctor or m/w , they are there to answer all questions and no question is stupid, this is there job :)

good luck and have fun xxoo

Thanks for your help girls :) I didn't think I was it just my mum put it to me so I thought I'd better ask to double check :)

I'm getting ready to go there now :)
Hope everyones well :) speak soon :flower: x

Yes thank you all went well and no examination!! Lol Hehe :) now excited for my scan on the 11th June :D <3 x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->