question about going home and scbu

alibaba24

Reaction score
Hi everyone hope your well :flower: I know theres no clear answer to this but just wondered what others experience was of this. I Was told 3 days ago that they would want Rosalie to gain about another 100g before thinknig of letting her home then she said so probably about a week. I was just wondering what happens if she gains that before a week? shes already gained 60g since dropping the 5g i wonder if they would let her go once shes gained the other 40g? shes doing perfect out the hot cot and managing fine on the bottles i will be using at home. Im going to ask the same question when i go in but just wondered what your experiences were? Shes still small yesterday her weight way 3lb 110z (bw 3lb 3oz) she will be weighed again on sunday :cloud9: xxx

If I were you, id cling onto the fact they told you a week-and be happy with it for now! :cloud9: She's going to be super small just like Brooke was when she finally gets out. . . take a million pics!!

Do you have to room in at all? we had to stay in for 3 or 4 nights before Brooke came home to see how we would cope-and they made sure she was an ok weight before allowing us to do so? Perhaps thats their plan. xx

We had to room in for 2 nights to see how we coped, Noah also had to be putting on weight whilst we roomed in otherwise they wouldn't have let him home. He had to be above his birth weight, consistently putting on weight and demand feeding before they let him home.

x

once hadyn had been drinking from our bottles and keeping it all down he had to have put on weight on two weighs (weighs happened 3 times a week) then they let him go home.. he was 5lb 12 (bw 5lb10)
hope she's home soon.. i know it feels like forever but once she's out you wont look back so try not to worry too much :hugs: xx

There was no specifis weight requirement in our SCBU, it was all about how Molyl was feeding, and that she could maintain her temperature well. She weighed a little under 4lb when she came home. We roomed in for a couple of nights too which helped to put our minds at rest as we knew we could cope!

Hey scbu was so busy today :wacko: I have been told ill be rooming in for a couple of nights before she comes home. tbh i didnt really get a chance to ask anyone today as the nurse looking after rosalie was caught up so i was told by a nurse who iv never even seen before! she came was quite abrupt and walked over to us and said im just going to check her tube i was like....er she doesnt have a tube :wacko: so iv decided to keep my questions until tommorrow so i can speak to someone i know and im comfortable with she gets weighed tommorrow so so hopefully it will be up xx

I am not too sure because I didnt have a meeting with anybody about the twins coming home.
I literally walked in and my partner was there and he said apparently consultant came round and told the nurse the twins dont need to be in NNU any longer and that we had to wait until the room was available to room in and that was 24th Feb and then we were home on 26th! Really was amazingly quick! I didnt really have anything in my head of when we would go because you just never know!
x

Hope you manage to speak to someone today.

We did 3 nights rooming in and they kicked us out once they were happy with Rose's feeding. She weighed 4lb 5oz (her birth weight was 4lb 9)

Good luck with your rooming in and getting Rosalie home!:happydance:

Hope you get to ask your questions today!
We only roomed in for one night. We were told on 24th that we would be rooming in and the lady before me already had a daughter and she said she didnt need to room in (usually for new parents I was told) so we went in for one night and the next day they said we just needed to wait for our milks and then we could go. :)!

Hope Rosalie is gonna come home sometime this week... x

Hia i had my 1st 8 wks early in scubu. He was in there for about 2 weeks as he had difficulties breathing on his own at first. Once he was feeding good and taking enough milk down and keeping up his temps then i was able to stay in the room for 2nights and then take him home. He was born 4lbs 13.5 onz. i dont think there was a standard weight to come home. It just depended on his improvement. I am very glad he was in for that long as it made sure he had the best start in life and it ensured me that there was plenty of help and support for his 1st few wks in life xxxx

hi I had my second son at 28 weeks he was 2lb 13oz he had to be 5lb befor he could come home and we didn't hav to roomin,, good luck hope she's home soon x

we only roomed in for 1 night. we didnt have to but i would recommend it. i think it would have been huge pressure to just take her straight home. and on rooming in night i was still feeling a bit unsure but at least i could go speak to someone at 3am you know?

Hi Hun. I know only too well how desperately you want your little one home. Bless her.

I'd wait til the weekend tho, because she is still quite teeny. Evie was 1Ilb 7ozs at birth, and nearly 6Ibs on coming home. I seem to recall that they wanted her to be atleast 5 before coming home, despite the fact that she was breastfeeding well at 31weeks - 7wks after her birth.

I roomed in for 2 nights mainly because I was breastfeeding, and they wanted to ensure she and I had settled into an exclusive breastfeeding routine.

As hard as it is love, another week is not long - and it'll probably give you all chance to get everything sorted so she is best equipped to deal with the transition to home. Good luck - yippee, bubbas going home x

we only roomed in for 1 night. we didnt have to but i would recommend it. i think it would have been huge pressure to just take her straight home. and on rooming in night i was still feeling a bit unsure but at least i could go speak to someone at 3am you know?

yeah im defo happy with the rooming in so im not just thrown in at the deep end and hopefully it will make me more confident when it comes to home time xx

I roomed in twice - once to try and get BF established (which didn't happen), and again a week later when bottle-feeding EBM was working, the night before bringing Andrew home. He was just 2kg (4lb something), in fact he dipped a few grams below the golden figure of 2kg at the following morning's weigh-in but I emotionally-bullied them into letting me take him home anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->