Question about HPT

Love4you

Reaction score
So I took a FRER on Sunday (10 dpo) and got my BFP. I took another FRER on Wednesday (13 dpo) and was happy the test was darker.
Today I went to my OB office to confirm my pregnancy and the nurse told my test was so faint and barely positive. I told her that I had peed right before I went in so it was only a 20 minute hold. She said that didn't matter and sent me for lab work today and a repeat on Satuday.
Today after the lab work I took a cheap walmart test and got a BFP on it with a 1 hour old.
The nurse kinda freaked me out. Anybody have anything similar or thoughts?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 11
I've found that the tests at the doctors office aren't as sensitive as HPTs especially FRERs. Don't worry about what she said.

Don't get discouraged a positive is a positive.

When I went to the walk in clinic I over heard the doctor says "its positive but is is it a strong positive?" Come on like that matters.

And when I recieved my first hcg blood test at 4 weeks one day it was 685 and the doctor said "well that pretty low" umm actually there is a very wide range of HCG levels at that point....grrrrr

I get so angry when reading these posts, they have no sensitivity when it comes to these issues!

Congrats to you :)

Thank you Jenny and greats. That made me feel better. The nurse just completely brushed me off when I tried to talk. You girls are fantastic ❤️

You're pregnant, don't worry. Maybe they switched your test with another patient's!

Thank you! Some nurses need a sensitivity training class.

I got my first bfp 10 dpo, I went into the clinic at 14 dpo and my test was so faint, they did it twice. Both tests were super light but the nurse decided a positive is a positive and drew my blood for hcg count next, I stressed the whole weekend for my results.

It was 63! I was baffled why the test was so light.

That's the darkest frer I have ever seen! You are pregnant for sure, stupid nurses should know better than worrying people like that x

Thanks Pinkee. That sounds like me today. I had an appointment at 830 this morning. I couldn't hold it and emptied my bladder at 740am. Chugged a glass if water and was able to put out just enough pee to wet the strip at the dr office. The nurse said the test was so faint that she needed another nurse to verify it!
I explained what happened this morning and she said it didn't matter and it should read the same. That didn't make any sense to me.
And now I've been worried all day!!
Thanks for all your posts ladies!!

Dollar tests aren't as sensative as FRER's. I took a FRER yesterday afternoon and my test line was so dark that it took the dye from my control line. Took a dollar cheapie this am just to feel better and while it was dark, it wasn't as dark as the control line - but I didn't freak because of my FRER yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->