Question about hypnobirthing?

S

socitycourty

I really am interested in having a med-free natural delivery but I am giving birth in a birth center, as this area is not very open to home births and my DH is dead-set against it anyway.
I want to learn about hypnobirthing and prepare myself for labor but the classes are very very expensive. $395 for 4 classes. I have the book and it came with a CD, I'm wondering if I can really teach myself as we most likely can't afford the classes

Check out the book & CD Hypnobirthing by Marie Mongan, it was very helpful for me, we did take a birthing class that included some guided meditation / hypnobirthing, but practicing with the CD was most helpful for me along with the book. Best of luck!

I think I basically used a hypnobirthing technique for pain relief during labor. I didn't take a formal class (or even a book), but I did take a hypnosis class/ session before and have used the technique for pain relief before. It actually worked pretty well until right before I delivered. I would try to practice on headaches or some other pain you have before then.

I bloody well hope so, lol! :haha:

I hope to be doing it without any classes and just a book and some online info. From the research ive done online it seems quite a few women get by with just teaching themselves and using the techniques (although a lot use cd's - ive found free downloads online though). After all, its all about knowledge and empowerment, understanding how our bodies work and using all of that when the time comes!

I hope it goes well when the time comes :hug: xx

Thank you for the advice. I just can't see spending so much money on the classes when we still need a lot of baby things. I'm sure my hospital provides some kind of birthing classes but I'd like to go in with a little more knowledge behind me :)

I did the course and I thought it was great for me and DH to do together and we were given a couple of scripts but most of it is in the book and you can do it by yourself, just rach yourself to relax. The affirmations on the CD are in the book and the relaxation session is based on the rainbow relaxation in the book.

Im not criticising the course at all. It was amazing and great to meet like minded mums to be. it was more about getting DH to have an understanding and belief in it as well. Get your partner to practice with you a couple of times a week and I am sure you will be fine.

Practice the breathing techniques whenever ou can. Look in third tri and I wrote a review of the course and a few of the visualisation techniques which may help

Thank you.....unfortunately my DH is not into it at all, I really didn't want to even bring him to the class, I would have probably brought my sister.

He has such a hard time paying attention and participating that it would just upset me more. I'll probably use the book and CD, check out the mini-course online and then also take any free classes offered by the birthing center, just to be in a class with other people.

Hi

I did Natal Hypnotherapy during my pregnancy and birth and it was AMAZING. I had a homebirth with our third (the other 2 were born at our local birth centre) and you can read my birth story in the link at the bottom.

We didn't go on a course as DH wasn't really interested and I couldn't justify the cost of it so instead I used the cds. I didn't have any books to read, I literally just listened to the cds (the pregnancy one up until 30 weeks, 3-4 times a week and the birth preparation one from 30 weeks onwards, 3-4 times a week then every night from 37 weeks onwards).

I still like the music now to relax and meditate, it's lovely.

I won't go into all details of my birth as you can read them if you're interested, but I had a very relaxed and calm birth with no pain, just pressure.

DH had only listened to the birth prep cd once (and not in full, just bits of it) but he knew I fully believed in it (and my body) and he trusted that I knew what I wanted and knew what I was doing and he supported me fully with everything I had planned :hugs:

Lots of luck to you, I hope you get the birth you want.

xx

Like the lady above I too used Natal Hypnotherapy during pregnancy and labour. Bought the 4cd set and the book for effective birth preparation as I could not afford the courses.

Having already had one child I did not understand how it would help in labour as I remembered the pain very well! But once it started the techniques were second nature to me and so natural.

I think doing it without a class just needs more stubbornness and commitment from you but iof you put the time in I really does work!

I cannot recommend it enough I had a fantastic labour, drug free and quick.

ive not done the course. i found the book more than effective in changing my attitude and getting me thinking positively. ive only just started practising the affirmations and listening to the cd but im finding it quite easy and nice which is a good thing. i didnt want it to be a chore.
im confident that by the time i come to labour ill be able to adequately relax and ive already reduced my "fear" which was the big thing for me.

I've got the book, it came with a CD, so I'm going to start this week listening and reading

Good luck hun!

I hope you have a positive experience! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"