Question about LH

pumpkin90

Reaction score
So does it mean ovulation is done and fertility is not possible when I've gotten a neg ovulation test result after getting a positive one? Or can the egg still be present and fertilized with no LH surge?

I'm not sure I'm correctly understanding your question but I'll try to answer anyway :)

The LH surge precedes ovulation by 24-36 hours. When you get a +OPK that means you are experiencing an LH surge. You will *probably* ovulate within 24-36 hours of your last +OPK (but sometimes, LH can surge but then ovulation sort of stalls out and doesn't occur. If this is the case, another LH surge later in the cycle would precede ovulation). Once ovulation occurs, the egg has a 24 hour life span in which it needs to be fertilized.
OPK's can not tell you if you've ovulated. They can only tell you that the hormone that stimulates ovulation is surging. Ovulation would need to be confirmed by a temp shift in the coming days and the drying up of fertile cervical mucus.

Without any detectable LH surge, it's unlikely that ovulation occurred BUT there is a fairly high degree of user error involved in OPK's.

Thanks, I know that the surge precedes ovulation. My question is, if I had a positive for surging hormone... Lots of EWCM present at time.... Did the deed 3 times the next 3 days... Then took another ovulation test and got a negative for surging and noticed a big decrease in EWCM, then I'm wondering if my egg could still be able to be fertilized when I have a negative surge reading.. Or if the surge only lasts until the egg is unable to be fertilized.

Basically I'm wondering if I should be gettin down to business more than 3 days out of the cycle expecting to be successful. And also I'm just hoping what we did worked... And I'm anxious to test but im only like 3 days dpo lol

If you have good quality EWCM, sperm can live up to five days. So if you DTD in the 3 days preceding ovulation, you've covered your bases :)
Good luck!!

Thanks, I know that the surge precedes ovulation. My question is, if I had a positive for surging hormone... Lots of EWCM present at time.... Did the deed 3 times the next 3 days... Then took another ovulation test and got a negative for surging and noticed a big decrease in EWCM, then I'm wondering if my egg could still be able to be fertilized when I have a negative surge reading.. Or if the surge only lasts until the egg is unable to be fertilized.

Basically I'm wondering if I should be gettin down to business more than 3 days out of the cycle expecting to be successful. And also I'm just hoping what we did worked... And I'm anxious to test but im only like 3 days dpo lol

The egg can only be fertilized 12 - 24 hours after ovulation , which is why its recommended to BD on the day of your LH surge so if the sperm make it to the fallopian tubes they will already be there waiting for the egg to be ovulated. sounds like your timing is good .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->