Question about lifestyle while NTNP...

notquite

*hopeful dreams*
Reaction score
Hello, question here... if you are NTNP, do you change your lifestyle habits as if you were actively TTC? I mean with regards to diet, drinking/smoking, etc? I guess it may be more of a personal decision that varies from woman to woman, I was just wondering what you all think about it.

This is our first month NTNP, as of now I haven't really changed much, though I am drinking less. Also I am taking prenatal vitamins again - that is the kind I always take anyway, I just had run out a couple months ago.

How about the rest of you ladies??

Hiya And welcome!
I am totally living life as normal. Take folic and I don't smoke anyway. I am permanently dieting so tend to just drink at weekends but have slipped that plan over last couple of weeks!!! Oops! Worried about weight gain when pg so joining weight watchers again on Monday and I gym 3 x per week.
Will prob continue that if I get pg
Are u planning to change?

I think it's unique to each person. My main thing was quitting smoking - I've wanted to for ages anyway and it was just throwing money away. I'm not a big drinker anyway. I'm trying to eat better, though I don't have the best diet (sweet tooth!), and I'm taking a prenatal.

If we were seriously TTC I might be doing more but we are just taking it as it comes so just chilling out and enjoying it. :) Might as well enjoy this time!

I'm the same girls, just carrying as normal. I have changed my diet slightly and trying to eat better and I only drink at the weekends.

Anjadoem - is it ok to be taking folic acid even if not pg? I have only been pregnant once (and had a m/c) and was told to start taking straight away but I just assumed you could only take it when pregnant.

x

Nothing wrong with taking folic acid any time, it's good for you even if you're not pregnant (involved in cell repair, red blood cell production and DNA synthesis among other things). I'm taking the Boots mum to be vitamin which contains folic acid and have been for the past month. :)

I've cut down on smoking, yepp, still smoking but I was smoking about 20+ a day, now I smoke maybe 5 or less, slowly quitting, I wasn't a huge drinker anyway so that's no change, I don't do drugs and I'm on a diet.....all I've done is cut down on the bad things but still have the odd thing that I really fancy for a rare treat.

Thanks for the replies ladies!

As for if I'm planning to change.... I'd say maybe. I've already cut back on drinking a LOT, I mean earlier in the year I was going through some really horrible times and I was kind of on the way to becoming an alcoholic... so glad to have gotten off that path, but I still think I have unhealthy habits when it comes to drinking, and I'd like to change that. DH always talks about just having one drink at dinner or whatever, and I think... well what's the point of having just one? =/ but I know that is a better way to go about it. But then also, if I am only having "just one at dinner", well then what IS the point? - why don't I just stop altogether? *sigh*

I've been an on-and-off smoker for about 8 years now. I had stopped last fall, then kind of picked it back up again over the summer... not a heavy smoker though, I'd say average of 4-6 a day. I'd like to quit and I know DH wants me too as well (he is a non-smoker, doesn't really like smelling/tasting it on me!) so I am going to try to do that soon, first with switching back to the electronic cigarette I was using (https://www.vapor4life.com) as he doesn't mind that, and then eventually quitting altogether.

Of course if I DO become pregnant, I will be stopping those things immediately. I'd have a reason to other than myself, and for some reason it's always been easier for me to do thing for others' benefit rather than my own. *shrug*

I went through a rough couple of months this year. I lost a ton of weight after a 3 year relationship break up, because I stopped eating altogether and lost 30-40 lbs...and was way too thin.
I met my husband-to-be and gained the 40 back, and then some. :blush: I'm trying to lose at least 20 before I get pregnant, but ideally 50 to put me back at a better BMI weight...

I've had a history of anorexia, so it's hard for me to diet properly without falling into full blown anorexia. It's stressing me out a bit. :dohh:

But other than that, nothing really. Just exercising and trying to lose weight gradually before I get my BFP... :coffee:

I don't smoke or drink anyway, so I don't need to change anything there. I drink Coke, but not enough to affect a foetus, so don't have to limit that.

I'm taking prenatal vitamins, but that's about it.

My doctor asked if I was on bcp - and I said no - and at the time we weren't even ntnp. She said to take folic for 3 months before ttc if possible - so basically I took it from August time onwards...

Im leaning more towards TTC now, Meaning I make my fiance dtd at least once a day :thumbup: nothing has changed though...I still have a drink here and there, smoke a pack a day. Ive lost 150 pounds so eat pretty healthy out of fear of gaining. Im trying to work on my drinking before I get Prego though.

I use Natural Family Planning, but just in case I do become pregnant I have become religious with my multivitamin (I won't take any pre-conception ones because we are not really TTC and don't want to freak OH or anyone else out!) I bought a water-filter as the water down here isn't very nice, I'm trying to eat healthier as I am not the best healthy eater, and exercise more so that if I was to get pregnant it would be easier the fitter I was; also I am worried about weight gain during pregnancy.

I am a chocoholic but I've just gone four days without chocolate- I am trying to go six days a week without and have a little on the last day because otherwise I will keep bingeing on chocolate and it won't do me any favours! It's definitely something personal to the woman though.

I've not really changed my lifestyle because I'm trying to not take this too seriously, if I was "officially" TTC, I'd look at taking vitamins and drastically changing my lifestyle. Currently I'm just being a little more cautious during the two week wait, but that's it. As soon as I get a BFP of course I'll stop anything/everything. I'm looking to get generally fitter and healthier in the new year, whether I've got a BFP or I'm still trying for one!

I started dieting to lose about 30lbs (fiance & I have an agreement that if we get to our goal weights before the wedding, we can actively try then), but sadly things came to a halt when my grandfather passed away 1 1/2 weeks ago. I had lost about 3 pounds but wouldn't be surprised if those are back!

Other than that I've been trying to take a multivitamin with folic acid, though it's been hard to remember to take. If I found out I was pregnant, of course I would diligently take some prenatals and exercise to stay healthy for the little one :)

We are inbetween NTNP and WTT. Not using protection, not trying but trying to avoid fertile times

I've cut out alcohol, but apart from that pretty much normal, I havent been able to eat properly for a few months now which isnt ideal. Had a flare of my UC, so just graudally getting some vitamins in me and getting back to normalish weight

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->