Question about medications and testing...

Teagans_Mommy

Reaction score
Okay. So I'm testing on Monday... I've been taking Advil Cold and Sinus for about 4 days cause I have some sinus issues (just found out that could be a symptom of other stuff :blush:) Will the meds affect the test in any way? If so I'll stop taking, or take as little as possible (its hard to breathe!), but just wondering if anyone knows... don't want to do anything that could possibly mess up the test!!!

Thanks in advance.

i dont really no hun to be honest, have you tired googling it?
xx

This is in regards to the clearblue test:

Can any medication or medical conditions affect the result?
Always read manufacturers' instructions for any medication you are taking before conducting a test.
Fertility drugs containing hCG (such as Pregnyl® and Profasi®)‡ can affect the result. Testing with the Clearblue Easy Digital Pregnancy Test too soon after administration may give a false 'Pregnant' result.
Other fertility therapies (such as Clomid®)††, painkillers and the contraceptive pill should not affect the result.
If you have recently stopped taking the contraceptive pill or are using fertility therapies like Clomid®, your periods may be irregular, leading you to test too soon.
If you have recently been pregnant (even if not carried to full term) you may get a false "Pregnant" result. In addition, ovarian cysts, ectopic pregnancy, menopause and some very rare medical conditions can give misleading results.
If you do get unexpected results you should discuss them with your doctor.

Thanks ladies... I looked online and on 4 different sites it said that these particular meds won't do anything... other meds might (like fertility drugs and stuff), but I"m in the clear... thank goodness...

Thanks!:hugs:

Yeah pretty much drugs won't affect a HPT unless you happen to take one with HCG (the hormone that the test looks for) and test too soon after taking it.

Good luck when you test!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->