Question about sperm...help

nineena

mummy to a gorgeous girl
Reaction score
Has anyone's OH been sent for a sperm count and then asked to repeat it without being given a reason???? As you can imagine both OH and I have become quite anxious since being told he's got to repeat the sample in 2 weeks :( Does anyone have any reassurances or experience of the same....is this just the norm when testing sperm???

Has anyone's OH been sent for a sperm count and then asked to repeat it without being given a reason???? As you can imagine both OH and I have become quite anxious since being told he's got to repeat the sample in 2 weeks :( Does anyone have any reassurances or experience of the same....is this just the norm when testing sperm???

My hubby's been asked to had a semen analysis done. We were going to have it done in the general hospital which is closest to our homes for practical reasons. I was booking my own appointment with a gynaecologist and mentioned that husband was having semen analysis done. Secretary asked where we were submitting the sample. She advised us to go to fertility clinic which gynae highly recommends. It's a long way away but she says it's worth it. They have had patients use the other hospital and 9 times out of 10the samples have to be repeated. I got the impression it was due to inaccurate analysis. Perhaps this is the problem in your husbands case?
hope this helps. Sorry for extra long reply

:hug:

I don't know, but I would guess it's more to do with an adminisitrative cock-up (um, if you'll pardon the pun) than with your partner's sperm. They might have dropped the pot or something.

Try not to worry.

hi
my husband has had to do millions of sperm tests lol ok so i may be exaggerating a little but seriously i have lost count at the amount he has done
usually it is because they need to compare the results they cannot give you an analyasis of the result with only one set of results if that makes sense to you it is nothing to worry about it is normal :)
they did the same thing to my husband made him do two before they gave us a full explanation of his results x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->