Question about taking soy

amommy

^Madelynn^'s Mommy
Reaction score
I know a few ladies have had luck with taking soy and I would like some information about when to take it, how much and how long?

Also if anyone knows about taking vitex same questions.

Christi

HI Christi
I too was very interested in this so with 4 miscarriages in 15 months, a diagnosis of APS (yesterday) and regular 27-29 day cycles ovualting around cd14 I started taking it on CD3. Here is what Ive read and interpreted about it. Im no expert but based my use on this information.

Soy ISoflavones Suppress your estrogen and fool your body into thinking you don't produce it so it over produces, you take it early in the cycle otherwise you will supress too much and prevent ovulation
You only take it for 5 days either cd1-5 for lots of follies (more chance of multiples), 5-9 for a big strong egg or 3-7 for middle of the road.
It is the more natural version of clomid or believed to be.
It usually comes in 40mcg.
I took
cd 3-5 160mcg
cd 6 (today) 200mcg
cd7 tomorrow 240mcg
It can give you side effects of headaches and flasshes but I took it immediately before going to sleep and only suffered hot flashes the first night.
I wasn't sure about dosage just went on what others had done.
Quite a few BFP's on it, although they do say if you are regular don't mess, but I made up my mind I wanted to try regarless, hopefully I won't be messed up, but if you like I can let you know when I ovulate and hopefully fall pregnant!! Yahay!!
Bex

soy can help ovulation but I would not take more then 200mg the month I took more then that I did not ovulate. and I normally ovulate on me own.
also Vitex and soy dont mix they cancel each other out.

Hi, Just wanted to share...I took Soy as well. I took Soy CD2-6:
CD2-3 160mg
CD4-6 200mg
I took it around 7 p.m. at night as to avoid the headaches that a lot of people claim to get. I only got one headache the entire 5 days. Some people claim to get an increase of EWCM; I normally produce enough of my own but with the Soy I had excessive amounts...I felt wet all the time. Not that big of a deal though. I ovulated early too...About 4 days or so. Also and this could prove to be a huge pain in the ass for some...but I started using OPK's on CD5 to make sure I didn't miss my surge and got my first +OPK on CD9 and I tested 3 times a day from CD9-CD12 and got + results each time... I actually ovulated on CD11. I have never had a surge that long...But even with all that I got my :bfp: that cycle at 8DPO so even though there are some horror stories on here about Soy; I am a believer. Anything else you want to know just ask.

Thank you ladies for the information, I am past that window to take it this month!! boo! Wish I had known sooner, I am impatient and hate waiting for things!

I am very tempted to try soy... I'm taking agnus castus/vitex at the moment though, I would presumably have to let that go out of my system first. I'm getting more convinced that isn't having the desired effect on me anyway.

What are the 'bad stories' people refer to? (re. soy?) That sounds less cool... !

I've been taking Soy for the past 2 cycles

Cycle 1 - 100mg from day 3-7 got my LH surge on Day 14 and 15 and ovulated 48 hours after and i got my :bfp: but ended in a chemical 2 days later :cry: no side affects.

Cycle 2 - 200mg from day 1-5 got my LH surge on Day 12 only and ovulated 12-24 hours after. I got mega ovulation pains this time round and on both sides. I'm due my AF this coming Tuesday. Again no side affects. I preferred this method because i ovulated sooner (i don't normally ovulate until anywhere from Day 16-18).

I will give you an update next week whether i got a :bfp: or a :bfn:

I've been taking Soy for the past 2 cycles

Cycle 1 - 100mg from day 3-7 got my LH surge on Day 14 and 15 and ovulated 48 hours after and i got my :bfp: but ended in a chemical 2 days later :cry: no side affects.

Cycle 2 - 200mg from day 1-5 got my LH surge on Day 12 only and ovulated 12-24 hours after. I got mega ovulation pains this time round and on both sides. I'm due my AF this coming Tuesday. Again no side affects. I preferred this method because i ovulated sooner (i don't normally ovulate until anywhere from Day 16-18).

I will give you an update next week whether i got a :bfp: or a :bfn:

Interesting!! FX!!

Googly, the bad side of soy can be no ovulation, longer cycles, and messed up AF. If you look on TTC or the Dicussions boards, you will find many soy threads.

Jodes, did you take it in the morning or evening? I am starting it today.

Googly, the bad side of soy can be no ovulation, longer cycles, and messed up AF. If you look on TTC or the Dicussions boards, you will find many soy threads.

Jodes, did you take it in the morning or evening? I am starting it today.

I took 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening. I have the 50mg per tablet. If you have a higher dose i.e. 100/200mg take it in the evening just incase you get some side affects but i never did.:hugs:

I am going to start 165mg tonight; my capsules are 55mgs.

I was just afraid of having a nighttime hot flash and throwing my temp, but we'll see, lol

I am going to start 165mg tonight; my capsules are 55mgs.

I was just afraid of having a nighttime hot flash and throwing my temp, but we'll see, lol

well i can't really comment on the temps but i didn't get hot flashes. Good luck i'm sure you'll be fine on them. x

i have a question. my soy pills say 50 mg; but the serving size is 5 tablets. so that makes them 10 mg each right?

yupp it says per serving. geez. thats gonna be alot of pills. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->