• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Question about tests for recurring miscarriage. (Sensitive post)

sailorsgirl

Family of 5
Reaction score
So yesterday we discovered that out baby had grown wings. We go into hospital so I can give birth on Friday.

I am the kind of person who thinks about practicalities in these times and we have been told that we will have to have tests to find out why we lost this baby.

I was wondering if anyone else has had recurring miscarriages and has had tests? Are there any that you suggest I request? We will be having a post mortem and the placenta examined but with this being our third miscarriage (1st 2nd trimester loss) I figure it's something my body isn't doing right rather than a problem with baby if that makes sense?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Xx

:cry:I am so sorry for your loss :hugs: The tests that I had done was to check for chromosomal abnormalities. But I had a first tri loss. So I am not sure of any other tests you can ask for. Hopefully, the doctor will guide you a little and hopefully someone else can give a more clear answer. Please take care :hugs:

Im so sorry for your loss. They will likely test for chromosonal abnormalities. They may check hormones, check for antiphospholipid syndrome, thyroid panel, karyotyping etc. this site can answer some questions https://www.miscarriageassociation.org.uk/wp/wp-content/leaflets/Recurrent-Miscarriage.pdf
This site has a lot of studies and is worth looking at too: https://sites.google.com/site/miscarriageresearch/

I hope you find some answers. :hugs:

I'm so sorry for your loss. I don't know what they can do but I Wanted to post to say that I hope your are ok xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->