Question about waters breaking

Beee

Reaction score
With dd I had my waters broken for me during the induction process.
This is probably a silly question, but say your waters went whilst you were in the bath or shower, would you know about it? I'm not thinking my waters have gone or anything, just wanted to be prepared lol
Xx

Many women say they feel or hear the 'pop'

If your waters are slowly leaking may not notice until later.

Actually more common for them not to break until your in active labour.

Both of my sisters had their break during the shower. They didn't notice until they got out and dried off and realized they weren't totally able to dry off and that it kept coming :)

I think you would know. Mine popped whilst sat on MIL fabric sofa! I've never moved so quick. Your waters feel different to normal water. A bit like how the sea feels... Kind of silky. It's hard to describe x

Oh my god I was just wondering the same thing! Lol. Glad I'm not the only one

Mine were manually broken with my 1st labour but with my 2nd I had the pop and massive gush that you see on tv and there was absolutely no doubt what it was. I wasn't in the shower at the time but immedately after the waters broke I started getting bits of plug coming away and the water kept on coming in trickles stained pink. If I were in the shower and had a gush again, I guess I'd know from the pop and what happens afterwards but if it were more of a trickle then I'd have to be in the shower for an awful long time to not notice :)

I felt and heard a pop with my daughter but I didn't realize it was my waters breaking. (I had no idea you could feel or hear it and I thought it was my hip that popped) I didn't leak right away. So I got in the bath. I didn't realize my waters had broken till I got out and dried off and realized I was leaking a little. Mine didn't gush and it was a forbag that broke so I only had a small trickle. Once my contractions started going soon after I had blood, plug, and meconium leaking with it so it was a clear giveaway that something had happened.

Oh and I totally slept on a wet pad with both kids to protect my bed just in case. I wasn't in bed when my waters broke with my daughter (I would of had I not been having contractions and was sitting in a chair instead) the doctor broke my waters with my son in the hospital right near the end.

I was also scared about this because I showered ir bathed a lot during end of my pregnancy. When I asked my dr he said it would be a constant drip even after u got out of the bath. You would know it. I think at least that's what he said I had mine broke.

Deffo felt and hurt a strong pop with both kiddos followed by LOADS of fluid (not clear fluid for me).. With dd it broke on it's own at 10 cm and with ds it broke before active labor and contractions began immediately.

I don't think you can miss it. Mine broke when I was in bed and it was a big pop and out they came, but they kept coming out for another hour at least on the way to hospital too. They have a distinct smell as well, so you will know.

Mine broke in the birthing pool whilst pushing, but i felt a massive pop and knew they had gone even though i was in the water x felt a huge sense of relief but that may have been because of already being so far into labour x

my first i had pop was in ambulance bed so more came out when stood an i left a trail lol no 2 i dont remember them goin must been when pushing?

I was in the process of my induction and my water went on its own. I felt like I needed to pee and while I was in the process of getting up, I started to pee and I was like "oh no I couldn't hold it!" But then it wasn't stopping and I knew it was my water. Never felt like a pop for me tho. And it kept coming out for a few minutes. I was happy I was in the hospital because that was a huge mess I didn't want to clean up lol

I I was happy I was in the hospital because that was a huge mess I didn't want to clean up lol

lol! Mine were broken by doc both times while in labor but I'm scared to death that this time they will brake in a public place or at work!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->