Question and Hello!

Amberyll23

Grace and Hayleigh's Mom!
Reaction score
Sorry for the length! Hello, I've been a lurker on these boards since my DH and I lost our first little bean on September 21, 2010. I just wanted to first say thank you to all of you ladies who have posted and shared your own personal stories, as it helped to get me through the darkest days of our loss.

Brief history on me. Age 36, married for 14 years, was on the pill for about 8 years from college, then have been off it for going on eight years now due to blood pressure issues. We started trying to conceive last fall and were so happy to finally get our first BFP back in August, only to get the horrible news of no heartbeat in an ultrasound on September 16. I opted for a natural miscarriage, and lost the baby on September 21 at home. My body did good as far as the m/c went, a followup u/s later that week showed that I had passed everything myself, and there was no need for any procedures.

About 2 wks after the m/c I bled for 2 days out of the blue and then it stopped. I assumed it was just leftover uterine lining as the doc had told me that was all that would be left after a complete m/c. We decided to wait 1 cycle before ttc again.

So I assumed day 1 of my cycle would be the day of my miscarriage, so my first AF came at 41 days on November 2, which was exciting to me, because that is normal for me (prior to my pregnancy I had longer cycles ranging from 39-41 days). So I decided to start temping for the very first time and using fertility friend to monitor.

To my shock, I was told today that I may have already ovulated based on my temperature, meaning that I am having a 28 day cycle, which is unheard of for me. Then, looking back to my previous cycle, my period on november 2 was about 28 days after my last bleeding on October 5.

My question is, do miscarriages change cycles? As in, make them shorter? Fortunately, DH and I have been following the SMEP as well, so we did hit the fertile days if fertility friend is correct that I have Ov'd already, but I'm still wondering if this is even possible that I could be having a 28ish day cycle when before my m/c, they were usually much longer? Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks ahead of time to anyone who can give me some insight on this!

So sorry for your loss...I had a natural M/C the day after you :(

For your question:

YES periods/cycles can DEFINITELY change after a miscarriage or pregnancy so what you are experiencing is normal.

Good luck TTCing :hugs:

PS. My cycle is still 28 days like before BUT I am getting a new pain 7 days before I get my AF which I didn't get before my M/C ever so cycles can change in a myriad of ways...longer, shorter, more pain, less pain, etc.

Aw im so sorry for your loss.

yep totally agree cycles do change after a mc.

That little bleed could have been a "mini" af as you got AF 28 days after that.

I have been taking the day i started bleeding as day 1 too and that should mean af will be here tomorrow. I usually get bad cramps a few days before. But now i get the odd twinge.

Also the extra twinges pains and other weird and wonderful sensations we feel post MC. We prob had them before but just werent looking for them or now we just see every little details and secretly hope its a sign.

I hope your cycles are shorter! and good luck!

x

Thanks ladies, and I am so sorry to hear of your losses as well. I have been following so many of you ladies with your postings, you are all so very supportive and nice, and I keep praying for all of you to get your BFPs!! And yes, grandbleu, I have felt a bit of a bond with you knowing we lost our little ones so close together, even though you had no idea I was lurking around on these boards (hope that doesnt sound too wierd!)

Your words are comforting. I have been stressing out a bit thinking that something was abnormal with me (well, more abnormal than my NORMAL abnormalities that is! haha). I feel like an emotional timebomb!! I spent the month of October paranoid that I wouldn't get an AF and then when it came I was so relieved, but now I'm nervous again thanks to me paying more attention to things and seeing that things are so different now!! :dohh:

If I do have shorter cycles now, I will certainly take them! Long cycles are nice to have when you are trying NOT to conceive, but those 41 days gave me fewer opportunities the past year. So I'll see this as a potential positive! :thumbup:

Oh, and yes, I am getting more pains and twinges too. In fact, I think I actually felt when I ovulated, but I dismissed it because I wasnt expecting that until next week! I do feel more "in tune" with my body, even though I many not yet understand all of the signs! haha

So sorry for your loss :hugs:

Amberyll23, it would be wonderful to hear that the mc has had a positive effect on someone's cycles rather then the negative I usually read. You will be getting your :bfp: in no time if your cycles are now 'normal' I really hope you have already caught that little eggy, it is a great sign that you managed to hit the right days even when you thought you weren't due to ovulate yet! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->