Question... first time charting BBT

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by tickledpink, Oct 6, 2008.

1. tickledpink

tickledpink Mum to Zachary <3

This is the first time I've been charting my BBT and I'm still trying to make sense of it. For a while it looked like the rocky mountains but it seems to have stayed around the same temp for the last few days. Im not sure if this is good or bad. According to FF, then I'm 8DPO. What should I be looking out for? I've read about temp dips and possible implantation and then rising temps. When does this usually happen? Sorry but I'm totally new to all this and I can't make sense of it :dohh: Any advice greatly appreciated!

2. Aquarius24

Aquarius24 Mummy of 2 beauties!

hi there tickled pink, I too have started charting....from what I gather you have a dip before a large rise, which is ovulation and then your temp stays high before dipping again for AF - if you are pg it stays elevated xx

3. tickledpink

Thanks Aquarius! Here's hoping it stays up then! :)

4. Arcanegirl

Arcanegirl Bazinga!!

Since this is your first time charting you will learn alot from this first chart.
    Theres no definate time to get a temp dip, not everyone gets them either so dont worry if you dont get one.

Signs of a bfp is a temp raised above ther coverline past 15dpo, though im sure youll have tested by then ;)

5. tickledpink

Ok, so it's just a bit hit and miss with temps then... there's no real way to know unless you test and... uhm... I tested this morning :rofl: Way too early, I know, but I couldn't help myself. AF should be due at the weekend so I'll try and hold off until then ;)

Stay away :witch:

6. Arcanegirl

Arcanegirl Bazinga!!

Yep and with temps you need a whole chart to read it.
    Once you have 2-3 charts (hopefully not ;) ) then youll have a better idea of how your body works with temping