Question for all you wrap, sling, meitai carrying mommies

mummypeanut

baby due march 10th
Reaction score
How do you deal with bad weather in the winter with your little ones?

Do u use baby wearing clothes, jackets, fleeces?

Do your little ones have waterproofs etc?

Or do you use a pram on those days so they dont get soaking :D

xxxxxx

I use an umbrella if it is raining (even though I HATE them normally and would never ever use one!). I don't use any proper baby wearing clothes, just make sure she has hat, gloves etc, warm arms, legs and feet just not loads of layers on her body or else she would get too hot.

She always seems plenty warm enough, and I would rather take her in the sling than the pushchair especially in bad weather I think. :)

on cold/windy days aimee wheres her all in one which is pretty thick, with her hat,
i wouldnt wear her in the rain would prefer her stay in the pram where shes defo dry and warm

i use a mei tai :) shes usually pretty warm as she gets my body heat too

I use an umbrella if it is raining (even though I HATE them normally and would never ever use one!). I don't use any proper baby wearing clothes, just make sure she has hat, gloves etc, warm arms, legs and feet just not loads of layers on her body or else she would get too hot.

She always seems plenty warm enough, and I would rather take her in the sling than the pushchair especially in bad weather I think. :)

hehe! doh at me :dohh: I haddnt even considered an umbrella as an option hehe! I dont know if i will manage it but i want to baby wear as much as possible when bubby is born so im just trying to get my head round it.

Good job i asked the question!

thanks for the response

Lol! I didn't think about it before I heard someone else say it so don't worry! I'm not an umbrella type usually so it didn't really occur to me. Not very good if it's really windy, but good for staying dry! :)

Lol! I didn't think about it before I heard someone else say it so don't worry! I'm not an umbrella type usually so it didn't really occur to me. Not very good if it's really windy, but good for staying dry! :)

Rain was the main thing i was thinking of - UK seems to have about 6 months of it and i had just come in from walking the dog soaked from head to foot (and found out my winter boots have holes in both soles - wet socks....YUM!!! Theyre gonna be nice an expensive to replace - at least i have an excuse for retail therapy yay!!!)

xxx

I have an oversized rain coat that I used when Sofia was smaller, haven't used it recently though so not sure if it fits anymore. Have also used an umbrella but if it's really vile she'll go in her pram.
I have a mei tai and Sofia has a matching minkee lined cloak for it :) I'll also put her in a fleece suit if it's really cold, and when we were in the mountains she was in her snow suit.

Same as above hun xx

I have an oversized rain coat that I used when Sofia was smaller, haven't used it recently though so not sure if it fits anymore. Have also used an umbrella but if it's really vile she'll go in her pram.
I have a mei tai and Sofia has a matching minkee lined cloak for it :) I'll also put her in a fleece suit if it's really cold, and when we were in the mountains she was in her snow suit.

Awww Alsance and Switzerland mountain walking - I am extreeeemely jelous!

If it's raining I put his sleep hood up and wrap my coat round his legs (I wear my coat over the carrier but not buttoned up as it's not big enough) but on normal weather days he wears his bug in a rug to protect his legs and cold days he's in a snugglesuit.

Oh yeah forgot to say our mei tai has a sleep hood too - I put this up if it's at all likely she will get wet, but she's not too keen on it if she's not asleep!

Well I AM an umbrella person so on wet days there's no way I would take the pram as you can't hold an umbrella while pushing a pram lol! I wear Jack on my side in his sling, so I put my arm around him and hold the umbrella right over him in that hand, that keeps us both dry. If it's really lashing it down I stay indoors!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->