Question for London Ladies/ Traveler

A

amjon

My DH wants to go to India this summer. Some of the flights I am looking at have an airport change in London (Heathrow to Gatwick). How far apart are they and what type of transportation is available? We would have about a 4 hour layover to make the transfer. Do you think this would be easily doable time wise/ finding fairly inexpensive travel? I'm guessing we would have to go through customs and then whatever they do at the next airport again.

I'd avoid airport change if you can, especially if you don't have an EU passport. I have waited 2-3 hours at peak times in Heathrow just to clear UK customs with my Canadian passport. Heathrow is west and gatwick is pretty far south, there is a coach between the 2 airports if you MUST make a change but I'd avoid it if possible.

You could do the actual journey in less than 2 hours but as PP said it would depend on how long you would be held up in customs as to whether you would make your second flight. You can check on the journey between airports on this site

https://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/user/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2?language=en

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->