Question for online shopping moms!

Hopeful8289

Reaction score
So I have begun the process of shopping for baby and found that Target has most of the things I want at a reasonable price. The only problem is that many of those things are only online, or at least not at any stores near me. Does anyone who does a lot of online shopping know if you can ship to the store for items that are only available online? We don't ship to our house because unfortunately things may come up missing and I hate to have that happen with expensive baby items. Any experiences would be greatly appreciated!

Sometimes some items are only available online, perhaps if you can't find it at target online, google it and try finding it somewhere that actually sells it at the physical store.

I've ordered so many things online over the years; some very expensive (including an iPhone) and I've never had any bad experience with things stolen or damaged and I've lived in different places a lot. IF something doesn't get delivered, I'm sure target would more than make up for it and either send you a replacement or refund you.

Many stores do give you an option to ship "online only" items to a local store, but it varies a lot. If you dig around on the website (usually the FAQs or customer service section), or call the store's main customer service phone number, they can advise you about their individual policies.

Do you have any alternative places you could have things shipped? Like a neighbor, friend, family member, it even your or OH's work?

I normally send items to my parents, however, I have a family member that works overnights and I feel bad continuing to have him woken up because of too many packages being delivered so I was hoping for another alternative. We live in the literal middle of no where so often times delivery people cannot find our house, and when things are dropped here sometimes people take them because no one will see them if they happen to drive by and notice a package. We are having a water cooler sent here on this week by accident so we will see how that goes. Hopefully well. I'll definitely call Target to see if they can help direct me on what they ship to stores and what they don't. Even though the nearest target is an hour and fifteen minutes away... It gives me an excuse to go to a nice lunch and do extra shopping. :haha: thanks ladies!!!

Some stores have the option to ship it to your local store for pickup, others don't. I'm not sure about Target but I know Walmart does the Site to Store thing. I usually just do whatever is cheapest, even if it means sending it to my home. You can call your local post office and let them know you're expecting a package, then ask them to have the mail person deliver it to your back door or something if you don't feel comfortable with it being out in plain sight. A lot of companies send a tracking number so you can estimate delivery. Sometimes on the days I'm expected to have items arriving if I won't be home I will leave a letter in the mailbox for the post office person to leave it at my back door. I put the flag up so that they look at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->