Question for those of you who had a C section and are unhappy about it.

monkeypooh

having a little girl!
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,
I was reading a post about how some ladies had C sections are are quite unhappy about the experience ( understandably) I see a lot of you saying you wish you knew more or were brave enough to say no to certain things. As a first time mom, and a total pushover, who dreads being pressured into a C section would you be kind enough to share some of the things you wish you knew ( or just general advice for if I am in the situation where I feel I am being pushed) so that I will be more informed and perhaps able to stand up for myself a little better when the time comes?

Not really sure what to say to this. I had a crash c-section so literally had no say whatsoever but what I did find is that they didn't keep me or my hubby well informed about what they were doing to me at any point. This time I have learnt my lesson and am going to hire a doula and I will be making it very clear as soon as I arrive that I do not consent to anything at all that they have not spoken to me about first and have my express approval for. Also they didnt even look at my birth plan and i had written very specific things in regarding what I wanted for baby. This time I will be enforcing my birth plan as far as practicable with the help of my doula!

Might also be worth asking in the VBAC thread which is a sticky in the labour and birth section :)

https://www.babyandbump.com/labour-birth/658839-vbac-info-support.html#post11440161

Interventions like induction, continual monitoring, being stuck on your back, epidural.... all lead to increased risk for CS. Knowing the risk beforehand means taht if you need to make a choice about it, you can weigh the risk of the CS against the risk of not having that intervention. It's better to find out pros and cons of the common interventions in pregnancy, because in labour is not a brilliant time to be learning stuff and it's far easier to be pressured into things you regret afterwards.

I think a doula is a fantastic idea, but then I would say that wouldn't I ;)

I totally agree with pp. When I was in labor I just really went along with everything I was told. I didn't know what questions to ask and was just completely focused on getting my son "here." If I were able to do it all over again, I would have refused so much... Induction, unnecessary testing... But most importantly I would have COMPLETELY ignored my doctor when she told me doulas were a waste and a birth plan would just leave me disappointed. My husband knew what I wanted, but he was also so stressed with everything that he just also followed whatever they told us.

Those last couple months of pregnancy, you're just not the same level-headed person you normally are. It's easy to just get caught up in what's happening rather than taking control.

Good luck! I never even considered that I might have a c-section... Probably mistake #1!

Interventions like induction, continual monitoring, being stuck on your back, epidural.... all lead to increased risk for CS. Knowing the risk beforehand means taht if you need to make a choice about it, you can weigh the risk of the CS against the risk of not having that intervention. It's better to find out pros and cons of the common interventions in pregnancy, because in labour is not a brilliant time to be learning stuff and it's far easier to be pressured into things you regret afterwards.

I think a doula is a fantastic idea, but then I would say that wouldn't I ;)

Found a fabulous Doula today! Thanks for the great advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->