• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Question for those taking Aspirin

hi
i am new here .taking asprine 75
after multiple losses.i have both infertility and recurrend losses.each time i conceived on
letrozole after long time and miscarride again .my genetic dr. advice to asprine75,folic acid i5mg from cd1.i hope it works never tried before.
g
G.L to you all

5 mg folic acid? Just curious, cause of the typo. Good luck and I hope you get your sticky bean this time around!

I am taking 5 mg of folic acid too. It's in my prescription prenatal vitamin. I don't think it was a typo.

Thank you, there was an 'i' in front of the first one so it threw me off. Thank you again.

hi laura
congrats on your pregnacy.i read your post you had 2 loss and now you are on asprine.i also had multiple early miscarrige.my all immune and genetic tests are found ok.so my genetic dr.advice to start asprine 75 from cd1 from this cycle.i found it really works in your case.it gave me a hope .
thanks and G.L

Thanks Mohini :hugs: I really hope it works for you too. Sending lots of :dust: to all you lovely ladies.

For anyone taking aspirin to try and get a BFP I have a few questions...

Did your doctor tell you to do it or you read it some where?
How many mg do you take?
What's the reasoning behind taking it?
And do you know if it maters when you start taking it/when is it most effective? From cd1 when the lining is being shed. Mid cycle when it starts getting thicker? Around implantation time?

Thank you! I read it somewhere and of course at this point you start getting a little desperate and willing to try anything as long as it's not potentially harmful.

I read it on an ivf forum with recommendations from top fertility docs in London to their ivf patients
75mg lose dose aspirin from boots the chemist
It increases the blood flow to your organs, helps with blood flow through the umbilial cord when you do get preggars! Some ladies lose their babies due to poor blood flow through the cord
Take it now, no need to start taking on a particular cd! My consultant recommended staying on it till 36 weeks.

I tried for 9 years to get pregnant. In year 8 I had 3xivf's which all failed, so I thought I was flogging a dead horse until I read the ivf forums n thought why not, 2 months later I got a natural conception n he is now in my arms napping 7 months old :cloud9: plus I have a blocked tube!

I also tried sasmar lubricant which helps sperm n egg in certain ways!

I wish you well:flower:

For anyone taking aspirin to try and get a BFP I have a few questions...

Did your doctor tell you to do it or you read it some where?
How many mg do you take?
What's the reasoning behind taking it?
And do you know if it maters when you start taking it/when is it most effective? From cd1 when the lining is being shed. Mid cycle when it starts getting thicker? Around implantation time?

Thank you! I read it somewhere and of course at this point you start getting a little desperate and willing to try anything as long as it's not potentially harmful.

I read it on an ivf forum with recommendations from top fertility docs in London to their ivf patients
75mg lose dose aspirin from boots the chemist
It increases the blood flow to your organs, helps with blood flow through the umbilial cord when you do get preggars! Some ladies lose their babies due to poor blood flow through the cord
Take it now, no need to start taking on a particular cd! My consultant recommended staying on it till 36 weeks.

I tried for 9 years to get pregnant. In year 8 I had 3xivf's which all failed, so I thought I was flogging a dead horse until I read the ivf forums n thought why not, 2 months later I got a natural conception n he is now in my arms napping 7 months old :cloud9: plus I have a blocked tube!

I also tried sasmar lubricant which helps sperm n egg in certain ways!

I wish you well:flower:

Thank you again ladies for all your replies! I am definitely going to give aspirin a try. I'm 1 day away from my beta test, but I've been testing for the past 3 days and they're all BFN, so I'm gonna start as soon as the doc verifies that's it a BFN.

thanks harveydog
thanks for posting a possitive post.it really gave hope to me too .i started asprine from last month i before ttc hope it works.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------+

((6baby lost in 1st trimester always miss my angals. ttc on asprine75, folic acid 5mg.

Another aspirin question: I have GERD (reflux) and take Omeprazole for it. Aspirin is known to cause acid, bleeding & general stomach upset. I know they prescribe omeprazole for heart patients taking aspirin but I can't find anywhere if you should take them together, at the same time of day, or apart?

Does anyone know?

Will admit to self-medicating as I don't think my GP would be too supportive, and it takes weeks before I can get booked in to see her as well. I'd phone NHS Direct but have never had a good experience with them and just don't want to waste my time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->