Question for those that don't gain much weight?

Julia35

Reaction score
Can you please tell me what you eat on a daily basis? I can gain weight from breathing air. :haha:

When I woke up I had what was left of yesterdays blueberry shake that was in the fridge: in it was liquid iron, 2 kiwis, fish oil, banana, chia seeds, vit C, probiotic caps, and protein powder.You can't taste anything but the blueberries & banana and the pure cran that I made it up with.

Cottage cheese & berries for breaky

fruit snack & decaf starbucks americano skim misto

Lunch today is leftovers: salmon steak california mashed potatoes (cauliflower) with garlic & cheese, sauted broccoli & onion

2pm snack: spinach salad with strawberries, cashews & poppyseed dressing

I usually drink bubbly water with cran when I get home or put on a pot of ginger tea

supper: chicken with wild rice & edameme salad

I make sure I eat protein for every meal and I'm not a big carb eater. I think that keeps the pounds off my thighs. I get really constipated with rice, bread, pasta and I usually feel bloated & gross when I eat wheat.

Well I think it was down to my many and varied food aversions and long term morning sickness last time!! I pretty much lived on fruit and veges and yoghurt. And by the time I felt better enough to eat more my stomach was squashed by the baby!
So I think I started and ended pregnancy the same weight. I was a bit over to start though, so I probably was the right weight by the end.
This time round I seem to have eaten since the day I got my BFP, Christmas food didn't help! Bring on morning sickness or I'll be the size of a house soon.

I think it's genetics dear as well as food quantities. I was skinny to start with in last pregnancy and only gained 17 lb. With this pregnancy so far I gained 1 lb. I eat as I always eat (well not now as I'm sick so it's harder to eat) but when I'm not sick I eat to hunger ie. when I don't feel hungry I don't eat much. Last pregnancy I never felt hungry, - it felt just like regular hunger, except once in a while I would crave something and go get it. As long as you eat healthy food, even if you gain a bit more, it will be ok because you are putting vitamins into your body and that is what matters :)

I was slim last time but gained over xmas then added 4stone.
I ate hardly anything in the first 3 months could only stomach innocent smoothie and a couple of ginger biscuits.
I still piled on the weight I had lots of water retention though.
I lost 24lb the day I had ds so this time I'm trying to watch my weight and eat properly, healthy snacks as I'm 2 stone overweight to start with.
I am hoping to lose in 1st tri and be lighter than when I started after baby is born.
I've been shopping for salad, veg, fruit and low fat yoghurt for snacks.
I'm joining slimming world again xx

When I woke up I had what was left of yesterdays blueberry shake that was in the fridge: in it was liquid iron, 2 kiwis, fish oil, banana, chia seeds, vit C, probiotic caps, and protein powder.You can't taste anything but the blueberries & banana and the pure cran that I made it up with.

Cottage cheese & berries for breaky

fruit snack & decaf starbucks americano skim misto

Lunch today is leftovers: salmon steak california mashed potatoes (cauliflower) with garlic & cheese, sauted broccoli & onion

2pm snack: spinach salad with strawberries, cashews & poppyseed dressing

I usually drink bubbly water with cran when I get home or put on a pot of ginger tea

supper: chicken with wild rice & edameme salad

I make sure I eat protein for every meal and I'm not a big carb eater. I think that keeps the pounds off my thighs. I get really constipated with rice, bread, pasta and I usually feel bloated & gross when I eat wheat.

Wow, so healthy! Do you have any wild cravings for bad things? I'm a low carb eater as well. I'm trying to modify my lifestyle to include carbs and bam...here comes weight! I eat Atkins bars for treats. I wonder if I could go back to low carb/sugar free and be ok?

I know so far I have not put on weight and when I had my lo last time I was back in pre pregnancy clothes 2 weeks later. For me its sickness and I don't eat any extra to what I did before I was pregnant. I gave up coke and snacks are stuff like fruit. I am not skinny but don't tend to gain huge amounts of weight due to pregnancy

I ate hardly anything in the first 3 months could only stomach innocent smoothie and a couple of ginger biscuits.
I lost 24lb the day I had ds so this time I'm trying to watch my weight and eat properly, healthy snacks as I'm 2 stone overweight to start with.
I am hoping to lose in 1st tri and be lighter than when I started after baby is born.

I gained 37 with my 1st (underweight to start), 26 with my 2nd (delivered at 35 weeks, and a whopping 49 lbs with my 3rd. I lost 22 lbs the day after her birth, but it took around 1 year to get back to my normal weight. I also hoped I'd lose in the 1st Tri but I just don't ever get really sick, just nausea and cravings. I'm going to go back to sugar free/very low carb.

I wouldn't do very low carb without Dr. clearing you as ok to do that - baby needs nutrients more than you need your waistline. Please talk to you Dr. about if that is a safe thing to do

Carbs can be healthy - whole grain, brown rice, barley, quinoa...doenst have to be pasta and potatoes only

I know so far I have not put on weight and when I had my lo last time I was back in pre pregnancy clothes 2 weeks later. For me its sickness and I don't eat any extra to what I did before I was pregnant. I gave up coke and snacks are stuff like fruit. I am not skinny but don't tend to gain huge amounts of weight due to pregnancy

I went back to pre pregnancy clothes after my first also. It's just been so hard since then! I haven't had a baby in a lot of years now, and I'm worried it will be even harder now. :dohh: I just tend to gain a lot of weight while pregnant, no matter what!

I gained 37 with my 1st (underweight to start), 26 with my 2nd (delivered at 35 weeks, and a whopping 49 lbs with my 3rd. I lost 22 lbs the day after her birth, but it took around 1 year to get back to my normal weight. I also hoped I'd lose in the 1st Tri but I just don't ever get really sick, just nausea and cravings. I'm going to go back to sugar free/very low carb.

4 stone is 56lb, plus I'd put on about 10lb over Christmas.
I got down a stone lighter than I am now in the spring but it's crept up and it needs to stop.
If I do the same as last time I'll be an actual hippo xx

Wow, so healthy! Do you have any wild cravings for bad things? I'm a low carb eater as well. I'm trying to modify my lifestyle to include carbs and bam...here comes weight! I eat Atkins bars for treats. I wonder if I could go back to low carb/sugar free and be ok?

Of course you'd be OK! There's SO much fear mongering about low carb but really, veg = carb! The healthy kind. If you add in a serving of quinoa or wild rice, you've got your B12 and you're not over/under-doing anything. Doctors and weight groups around the world are cracking down on high sugar foods, this includes bread, pasta and the like. It breaks down to sugars and gets stored as fat increasing insulin making us more hungry. We need WAY more veg in our diets. Colon cancer in the US is now the top 3 cancers thanks to carby foods.

Baby needs protein and your body repairs using protein, carbs and sugar are the path to diabetes and obesity in my books! So if you have a plate full of veg and some protein you're not going to be in the bad books of any doctor. Quite the opposite, you'll likely feel better and have much more energy. I've been overweight from my 20's to late 30's and lost 70 lbs using low carb/sugar, and learning to include a portion of high protein in my meals & snacks. You can eat SO much when it's higher in protein and not gain a pound than carby starchy food. It's SO easy to keep it off now too why the hell couldn't I learn this years ago:dohh:
My nemesis is nachos but I make sure there's protein on it:haha: and only have it as a treat every now and then.
Dark chocolate after dinner, tea kicks my sweet tooth, yoghurt but I get the thick greek stuff 0% with protein at least double the carb content then put a little honey or nuts n berries on it. The honey & fruit flavoured yoghurt is just sugar flavouring, not the same...sick to your thigh stuff. We have to start reading labels, there are healthy yoghurt and then sugary yoghurts.

I do get cravings but because generally I'm stuffing myself with good clean eats I can afford chips every now and then in the evenings or buttery popcorn mmmm! I can't have bread/granola/cereal at breaky, pasta for lunch and rice at dinner and also think I won't gain weight. Will absolutely put on the pounds. I eat well and really enjoy my food but I feel that because I prepare healthy meals alot I can also snack too without gaining weight.

4 stone is 56lb, plus I'd put on about 10lb over Christmas.
I got down a stone lighter than I am now in the spring but it's crept up and it needs to stop.
If I do the same as last time I'll be an actual hippo xx

Your last comment made me lol...:hugs:

Of course you'd be OK! Baby needs protein and your body repairs using protein, carbs and sugar are the path to diabetes and obesity in my books! I've been overweight from my 20's to late 30's and lost 70 lbs using low carb/sugar, and learning to include high protein in my meals & snacks. YOu can eat SO much when it's higher in protein and not gain a pound than carby starchy food. It's SO easy to keep it off now too why the hell couldn't I learn this years ago:dohh:
My nemesis is nachos but I make sure there's protein on it:haha: and only have it as a treat every now and then.
Dark chocolate after dinner, tea kicks my sweet tooth, yoghurt but I get the thick greek stuff 0% with protein at least double the carb content then put a little honey or nuts n berries on it. The honey flavoured yoghurt is just sugar flavouring, not the same...sick to your thigh stuff.

I do get cravings but because generally I'm stuffing myself with good clean eats I can afford chips every now and then in the evenings or buttery popcorn mmmm! I can't have bread at breaky, pasta for lunch and rice at dinner and also think I won't gain weight. Will absolutely put on the pounds. I eat well and really enjoy my food but I feel that because I prepare healthy meals alot I can also snack too without gaining weight.

I'm a nurse, so you'd think I would know this stuff. Nutrition was not my strong point. :haha: I have managed to lose and then maintain my weight the past two years by cutting out carbs and sweets though. I eat dark chocolate too, Hershey's sugar free miniatures are really good. I eat a lot of broccoli, no butter, but with melted cheese as a topping. I eat a lot of salad, eggs, chicken, bacon, turkey, and tuna (limiting that now). Yesterday, I ate some pinto beans...figured the fiber would be helpful, and I was 2 lbs heavier this morning. :growlmad: Carbs are not my friend.

I have aversions to most fruit, meat and salad!!! aggghhh! Trying to work around that is super difficult. I was underweight with my first pregnancy and gained 40 pounds. I want to gain half that if I can, but it's sooo hard when salad makes me puke!

I can still eat apples though. I'm eating a lot of apples lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->