Question for those that have had success with amber teething necklaces

Kaites

Reaction score
I'm just wondering how long it took for the necklace to work. Emma's arrived yesterday and she's had it on since then. Within 10 minutes, the red patch on her cheek disappeared and although she is still slurping and gnawing on her hand, she's not crying out in pain and isn't at all grumpy. I'm a skeptical optimist- hoping that it actually works but won't be at all surprised if it doesn't (in which case, she'll still look cute with her necklace!) so I'm just wondering what other people's experiences have been with them. Thanks! :)

I don't have any experience with it, but was noticing you are in Canada and wondering where you got the necklace. I don't know how well it would work either (I know - I'm kind of a skeptic) but want to try one out. And there is the plus of looking stylish even if it doesn't work LOL
xx

Hayden's relief is immediate. He's been wearing his like 1 1/2yrs now, for the most part 24/7 but there have been times it's been taken off and we forget about it and he'll get fussy and when we put it back on he's fine pretty much right away.

Hi there,
I just stumbled across this thread and am very curious, I haven't heard about these. Is there a website or anywhere good to read up about these necklaces?
Any help with teething would be much appreciated!
Thanks a lot,
Irene

Hi there,
I just stumbled across this thread and am very curious, I haven't heard about these. Is there a website or anywhere good to read up about these necklaces?
Any help with teething would be much appreciated!
Thanks a lot,
Irene

Hi Irene, this might be of interest: https://www.ambersoothe.co.uk/

I've also put up some breif details in how they work in my store here https://milliesnappies.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=31&zenid=jdeajhha4b5v6qj98onjind035 if you want a look :flower:

I don't have any experience with it, but was noticing you are in Canada and wondering where you got the necklace. I don't know how well it would work either (I know - I'm kind of a skeptic) but want to try one out. And there is the plus of looking stylish even if it doesn't work LOL
xx

I ended up getting it from an ebay store (was only about ~$11 including shipping) and I'm pretty sure it's real- they shipped some extra beads to do all the various tests on it to check if they are real and the beads look like the amber that's in some of my own jewelry :shrug: I was going to buy it at a shop here in Ottawa (Extraordinary Baby Shoppe) but when I checked out their prices online, they were higher ($23). Usually I do try to buy local, but price won out this time since I've spent enough $$ on diapers this month and I am a bit of a skeptic about the necklaces :)

Hayden's relief is immediate. He's been wearing his like 1 1/2yrs now, for the most part 24/7 but there have been times it's been taken off and we forget about it and he'll get fussy and when we put it back on he's fine pretty much right away.

Awesome- thanks for your reply :) The immediate relief pretty much sounds like Emma so I'm not just imagining things, lol :) I'm willing to try anything that keeps me from having to give her tylenol for the pain!

hi, i've just stumbled across this thread, and i'm just curious, are the necklaces not dangerous? if they are safe & actually work then i'll definately give this a go when my LO is here, but im worried about them eating the beads or it snapping...how long do they wear them for? any basic tips?? thanks :)

hi, i've just stumbled across this thread, and i'm just curious, are the necklaces not dangerous? if they are safe & actually work then i'll definately give this a go when my LO is here, but im worried about them eating the beads or it snapping...how long do they wear them for? any basic tips?? thanks :)

this is the part i wrote for my store

Every bead is indivdually knotted either side to prevent a choking hazard. It is however important to note though these necklaces are not toys, and should not be chewed. It is also advised to remove them at bedtime. The beads are also strung on silk thread and the necklace fastens with a twist screw clasp. Although the silk thread is very strong, it may break under a lot of pressure. If the necklace does break however, because of the knotting only one bead will come away.

its also unlikely that baby will choke on any loose beads as they are quite small. They can wear them for as long as you like.

They aren't dangerous. The threads are not long enough for a baby to be able to get it into their mouth or catch it on anything. They are made up with a knot between each bead and are quite easy to snap so if they do get caught they snap without choking LO and only one bead comes off as the others remain secure. You can leave it on 24/7, I put it around Jack's ankle in bed though.

this is really interesting & helpful...i've found a lot on the natural parenting forum that i want to "give a go" i think this will be one of them :)

expect to see me back here :D

alex's works straight away, his dribbling goes from gallons to none within fiften mins or so :thumbup:

They work :) Well for us at least. Tegan's had hers on for 9 months. We take it off for baths.
If its off more than fifteen minutes she turns into a MONSTER. She's cutting her incisors at the minute. She's cut 14 teeth wearing her amber necklace, and we've never had a REAL problem with her.

Wow, these necklaces sound really good. So most of you have been keeping them on your LOs at night??? I just wondered if you followed the advice to take them off at night and if so, what did you use?!?!

I keep it on Hayden's neck at night, have since he got it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->