question for women concerned about artificial sweeteners...

April2012

I have a beautiful boy!
Reaction score
especially aspartame and acesulfame potassium. I have easily found (on the internet) how much of these two substances are considered safe. What I haven't found is how much of these substances are found in a particular product. For example, 15 mg per kilo of body weight is an acceptable amount of acesulfame potassium per day...but i have no idea how much is in...a piece of gum, a soda. Anyone have any links to such information? Thanks.

https://www.nutrasweet.com/articles/article.asp?Id=47

thanks erica. i am thinking the acesulfame potassium is similar in "dosage" to aspartame. ugh...all the stuff we put into our bodies...

No kidding. I've been flipping out about Truvia lately even though my doctor said it's okay and I'm not finding any evidence to the contrary. The problem is that I just don't trust these big companies, especially Cargill and Monsanto. I was fine with Truvia until I realized it's a Cargill company and the only reason Truvia was likely approved by the FDA is because of the big money. It makes me want to switch to pure Stevia but it's so much more expensive and I'm seeing contradictory information on what it does to your blood sugar levels.

No kidding. I've been flipping out about Truvia lately even though my doctor said it's okay and I'm not finding any evidence to the contrary. The problem is that I just don't trust these big companies, especially Cargill and Monsanto. I was fine with Truvia until I realized it's a Cargill company and the only reason Truvia was likely approved by the FDA is because of the big money. It makes me want to switch to pure Stevia but it's so much more expensive and I'm seeing contradictory information on what it does to your blood sugar levels.

I have nothing to add since I don't use artificial sweeteners, but I am against Monsanto 100%. Just agreeing with you:winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->