Question Re endometriosis

CedarWood

Reaction score
Hi,
I was just diagnosed with endo. I had some lesions removed and part of my right ovary. My doctor wants me on hormones for 6 months. I am due to have another period soon - I began my period the day of surgery ( had a burst cyst and hemoraging so an emergency op was needed).
I am confused as to having another cycle before going on the meds, if it is necessary after surgery. I hear people are most fertile after their laps. What do you think - go on the meds for 6 months or ttc for a bit? Strange to me the delay in meds as the point seems to be to keep the endometrioum from growing after surgery - which with my cycle it will.:shrug:
Thanks for any help - this is all new to me.

Hi - I am NO medical expert but I was reading one of the Pregnancy magazines last night and their was an article about a woman who had the same condition and had surgery to remove the excess lining from around the womb and her doctor told her this would now afford her the best chance of conceiving and recommended getting on with it!!! I will go and look it up and come back to you.

The article is in the Feb edition of Pregnancy and birth pg 36

Thanks! :thumbup:I will see if it is available online (am living abroad). I was thinking that may be my best bet - starting to ttc asap. I seemed to have better than usual fert cm this time but was too sore after the op to contemplate ttc - doc said no sex for 3 weeks but there was no chance of that happening anyway!
CW

Wow I am surprised so few people have experience with endo - thought it was more common:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->