question re steroid injections for baby

nuffmac

Reaction score
Hi I had a bleed yesterday and came straight in as have placenta previa. Luckily the bleeding has stopped with bed rest but they gave me the steroid injection yesterday and another tonight to get baby ready just in case. Bleed was heavy enough so i guess they r thinking if it happens again and doesnt stop they will have to take him out.

So today im thinking bout all this and wondering do the injections have any negative effects for baby. Just read another post of someone at 32 weeks in slow labour and they didnt give them to her. So they avoid them if they can? Anyone any info.

Thanks ladies. Im getting a big scan in the morning and will hopefully get to go home then to my own bed!

i had them in two of my pregnancys never any bad effects it helped alot when i had my baby at 34 weeks her lungs where developed because of them and she went home iwth me !!

I had to have them in my last pregnancy. I was told they were most effective if they thought you MIGHT deliver within 72 hours. Bit, that there were no adverse reactions if baby stayed put. Hope your little one stays put for a few more weeks x

I've also had them in 2 of my pregnancies. My second pregnancy at 27 weeks and this pregnancy at 29 weeks. Steroids are very beneficial for your baby if he/she is born early but like pp said they only remain effective for I think a a week at the most. Then they wear off and you would need another dose if you had more signs of preterm labour in a week or two. :flower:
Hope you don't have any more bleeding and your baby stays put for another few weeks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->