Question regarding placenta / birth

AubreyK80

Mom to David
Reaction score
Well i still have a long way to go before i go into labor, but i have a question for those who have kids alreday, does it hurt just as much to deliever the placenta as it does baby ? Sorry if this sounds silly, I just dont know, I know im so scared of birth ( This is my first pregnancy obviously )

:hug:

I never even felt the placenta passing through! Hope that helps.

No it just kind of slips out. Feels very weird as its all warm!

Nope doesn't hurt at all for some bizarre reason, you can feel it come out as it's big but not anything like baby coming out:dohh: and you'll probably be sat cuddling your baba and not even notice the midwife dragging it out by the cord:rofl::blush:

I carnt remember it comming out , I remember the midwife mummbling about an injection etc .
Then i assume it just slid out i didnt feel a thing :) . x .

after the baby you do not feel it, I did not even know it was coming till they told me "NOW THE PLACENTA".... and it was out 123 fast!

It didn't hurt one bit, can't even remember passing the placenta during the birth of my youngest son. I guess it's because the placenta is kind of soft, squidgy and easily compact whereas the baby itself has a round head with a hard skull and can't really be compressed to make it less painful (if that makes sense ? )

They do also offer an injection to help with the delivery of the placenta....

I didnt feel the placenta...the midwife said push and i just kinda felt something slip out..Nothing compared to a baby!

I have read that it does hurt but I would think that after pushing out a child it would just kind of slip out LOL There will be sooo much else going on that I doubt I will notice it.

I have read that it does hurt but I would think that after pushing out a child it would just kind of slip out LOL There will be sooo much else going on that I doubt I will notice it.

Maybe it was someone who had complications etc or maybe didn't have the injection to help it out or something....I've given birth 5 times and it doesn't hurt at all when the placenta comes out babe....promise you:hugs::hugs::hugs:....it just slips out when the midwife pulls gently on the cord.

doesnt hurt one bit, i remember having an injection and thats about it. Too much else going on to think about it.

This was the nicest part TMI lol. I can remember getting the injection then a few seconds later the placenta just sort of flopped out. I cant even remember pushing for it coming out.

thanks ladies :) You really made me feel better, since this is my first im so so scared of the entire process of labor , where do you get the injection ?? Do you they ask if you want it ? or they just give it to you ?? hope these arent silly questions lol

:hug::hug:

i delivered mine naturally (no injection) a few big pushes no pain odd feeling mostly

thanks ladies :) You really made me feel better, since this is my first im so so scared of the entire process of labor , where do you get the injection ?? Do you they ask if you want it ? or they just give it to you ?? hope these arent silly questions lol

:hug::hug:

They put the injection in your thigh just as baby is emerging babe....you don't feel it coz you're....erm busy:rofl:

They do ask you but only coz they have to ask....the majority of people have it as it's much safer than waiting for it to pass naturally which can take a long time and you can lose a lot of blood in that time. here's a link to help you make up your own mind though babe:hugs:

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/labourandbirth/labour/managedthirdstageexpert/

Yes they ask you if they want it. Some people prefer not too as they prefer not to have the cord cut straight away and stuff. Don't ask me why as i'm not fully clued up on that one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->