Question. strange abd not pregnancy related lol.

jozylynn896

Reaction score
Okay so this may soubd stupid and i hope no one for some reason takes offense to this but what do people from the uk, Canada and every where else think of us Americans. Like weird stereotypes and stuff.
If you don't feel comfortable answering its okay i understand :)

we make fun of americans a lot. :S Sorry. But just how americans as a general have been portrayed in the media and such just gives off a very payoutable vibe. (yes I know, not a real word)

I'm Australian BTW.

Im from Canada.
Americans our like our next door neighbor pretty much lol..
I dont think ive ever really heard any bad stereotypes or anything like that.

lol im American and the only sterotypes really are that were all super obese, and are addicted to our technology lol which for most americans i believe to be true haha:)

I think everywhere does it to other places, I'm sure when I tell an American I'm Scottish I'll get 'Man skirts :dohh:, ginger, haggis!' Not going to lie, I do it, think it's just normal to do so :shrug:

Haha i hear a lot like thay Americans are stupid and obese too!
Which i can tell everybody whos not American that its mostly true lol.
Also, most Americans sit aroubd trying to do English abd australian accents.
I'm syre you guys don't sit around trying to soubd like us right? Lol

lol not at all i dont know anyone whos ever tried making fun of accents unless for drama class or something for a play that we need accents for :)

All i do is sit around and wish i had an English accent ;( they sound so dope

I've never heard about Americans being stupid, just fat, I know every single American though!

LOL yes thats true, ive heard of americans being fat..
But theres fat people everywhere so I hardly think theres in any truth in that.
Clair, my background is scottish.. Ive heard they like whiskey over there? Is that true?

There's a lot of Scottish whiskey but I hate it lol ;)

Lol, I think its funny that you asked this. I've always wanted to know to. And I especially wanted to know if others tried to sound like us, lol. I'm american, btw. And I also make jokes about us being obese also. Every mcds I ever go by is always packed lol. Obviously I know not everyone is obese but might as well join in the fun haha.

Haha I find this question quite funny :) I'm from New-Zealand, most people are like huh where's that?? Lol, but I suppose we do kinda think about the obese stereotype, also make fun of the accents hehe, but to alot of people I know America is like this glamorous place, full of hope and potential. Lol, that probably sounds weird, but like a few of my friends, and my little sister included want to move to America in hope of a glitzy glamour life. Haha personally, i'm content in little ol' New Zealand :)

Wow thays weird. I've always wanted to go to England and New Zealand!
Weird how we take for granted what we have. Some peoplw are wanting to come here and we're wanting to get out! Lol
America isn't all that, i mean I love it here don't get me wrong but some things are just plain stupid!

So do people try doing American accents?! Lol I'm dying to know.
Its so weird saying American accent cause i feel like we don't have an accent and the whole rest of the world does lol

I feel the same way about here sometimes.
Theres so many places I want to travel to and see some day.
But at the end of the day torontos my home and I love it here.. Except the shitty winters suck!

I love Chicago! We have horrible winters too :(
In Chicago we have freezing cold terrible winters and burning hot f#cking lava for air summers haha

Wow thays weird. I've always wanted to go to England and New Zealand!
Weird how we take for granted what we have. Some peoplw are wanting to come here and we're wanting to get out! Lol
America isn't all that, i mean I love it here don't get me wrong but some things are just plain stupid!

New-Zealand is amazing, and I wouldn't even imagine being anywhere else. I've travelled europe, my mums dutch so I have spent a while in holland, and it just makes me so appreciate what I have here. No crowding, the amazing country (I live in the country right by the beach), our beach's are second to none! Your never more than 30 minutes away from the beach. Yep, some people want the big city life, move out of NZ because we're not progressing into a huge crowded city, etc, but I like that :) And answering your question about accents, yes people do them! Haha, we watch american tv, and listen to american songs, and it just sounds normal to us, but we still try replicate it, without much success haha. When people try do NZ accents, i'm like: Do we really sound like that?? :haha:

Lol omg thats literally the coolest thing in the world.
I feel like our accents are so boring abd plain! Lol but everyone elses accents are so cool.
I love city life but i do wish i could go somewher . Like that.
With beautiful beaches, and trees and stuff haha. Really in Chicago all you get is buildings.
I've never been out of America.
My family goes to Mexico but I've never been.
:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->