Question?....

Shorty88

Mama to 3 beautiful children x
Reaction score
I had a d and c done on the 17th of Aug I was 10 week since lmp but baby was only measuring at 6 weeks.. I was told there was not much tissue around the baby so I had next to none bleeding..

I have been feeling abit off the last couple of days.. boobs really sore frequent toilet trips and just blah.. took a cheepie test and it was neg but also took a first response and it was positive.. could it be still left over hcg or new pregnancy?.. or would a blood test be able to tell?..

It's an emotional rollercoaster :cry:

I would say it’s very unlikely left over hormone I’d say it sounds like a new pregnancy. The cheapie test is probably far less sensitive have you got a picture of the frer?

Both test taken with same sample

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1042695&stc=1&d=1536313363

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180907-104231_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20180907-104231_Gallery.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 42
Can still see a faint line on the cheapie too! I’d say the only thing you can do is wait and retest but I’d say due to having a d&c it’s probably a new pregnancy as d&c speeds up the process of hormones leaving your system due to removal of tissue ... sorry for your loss I hope this is a new sticky bean :)

I had a d and c done on the 17th of Aug I was 10 week since lmp but baby was only measuring at 6 weeks.. I was told there was not much tissue around the baby so I had next to none bleeding..

I have been feeling abit off the last couple of days.. boobs really sore frequent toilet trips and just blah.. took a cheepie test and it was neg but also took a first response and it was positive.. could it be still left over hcg or new pregnancy?.. or would a blood test be able to tell?..

It's an emotional rollercoaster :cry:

Hiya, sending you massive hugs I know how hard it is.

I’m unsure too, my only answer would be to test again in a couple of days if you can wait that long using a FRER and see if the line is darker, or if your dr will do bloods and then a repeat 48 hours later to see if the numbers have increased.

I had a m/c last Nov at 5 weeks and my test was straight back to negative. This was on 22nd November, I ovulated 14 days later and got my first faint bfp on 15th December at 9dpo. It was twins but they’d implanted in my caesarean scar, it’s a rare type of ectopic pregnancy and I had a D&C on 5th jan this year and I was still getting obvious positive tests for weeks after, maybe because my hcg levels were so high because it was twins? I had to wait TTC again to let my scar heal properly but I’ve just got my BFP this week.

Good luck and I hope this is your rainbow baby.

Take it easy. X

Ye I'm going to wait a week and if af doesn't show I will 're test x

First I’m so sorry for your loss. Looks like you and I are super close in relations of our loss. Hugs to you
ey ladies I’m new to this ... so let me start from the beginning.
I lost my precious baby on 8/10/18 ( that’s when I found out but she had passed two weeks prior) and had a d&c on 8/16/18
They called this a mmc. Her tiny heart stopped at 8 weeks 2 days and when delivered I was 12 weeks. Nonetheless my doctor said there wasn’t a reason to wait when ttc.
On 9-5 I took a hpt (a Walmart cheapie as I have used them
With all my children) it came back positive. But yesterday I took a trier cheapie and it was negative.
My hgc two days after d&c was 193
On Aug 28 it dropped to 30. Not sure if it’s left over but I don’t see how it could be. Suggestions??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->