Questions about Clomid

Sugar Mama

Reaction score
Hi All,

This is my first time posting on this site and have just joined this forum looking for other people's experiences with Clomid.

I am the mother of one already and spontaneously became pregnant with her without trying to conceive. I was 30 when I got pregnant and had my little girl at 31. I'm currently 35 years old and we have been trying to conceive since October 2010. I took a preg test in November when my period was a couple days late and it was positive, but then got my period, with very heavy flow a day later. Doc said it was very early miscarriage. We have been trying ever since. I've been using ovulation sticks, etc. but no luck.

I ended up going to the doc last month and she put me on 50mg Clomid day 5-9 which I did one cycle of. It didn't work on the first try and I'm just starting cycle two. However my question is related to this:

Right before getting my period, I was feeling extremely nauseaous and was wondering if perhaps I was prego. Turns out I wasn't. Got my period but have very very heavy flow this time (usually period is not super heavy, maybe one day of 3-4 days of regular flow) but this time, I was changing pads 3-4 times a day which is very unusual. I also noticed that there were a lot of clots. Normally I'll have some clotting type discharge but this was very heavy and every time I went to the bathroom.

Finally my question: given that my flow was so heavy compared to normal and the fact that there was a lot of clotting type discharge, does that mean there is a chance that I did produce more eggs, but just that it didn't take this time, just yet?

Final question: for those of you who have used clomid and had success, how many cycles did it take? We have been trying for a while and I am just wanting to get some good news already!!!!

Thanks very much and sorry if this was so long winded!!! Responses appreciated!

Hiya, firstly welcome :flower:

There is an actual tap for assisted conception which covers clomid and can help you further... https://www.babyandbump.com/assisted-conception/

Clomid is known to sometimes make you release more than one egg and does warn you that one possible side affect is multiple pregnancy's. When i took it, my period was alot heavier and sore but i dont normally ovulate there for i blamed that. If i was you, i would take a look at the link i sent you as they will be able to give you more information.

Kind Regards
Carolanne

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"