questions about sleeping bags

Carolyn

Reaction score
ok, so i've read all the info on mrs n's thread about sleeping bags and i'm going to try abbie in one tonight.

1. are their arms warm enough?

2. what is the deal with blankets? don't use? put more clothes on them instead?

3. we're trying to break a four day cycle of co sleeping (ive been a bit under the weather, i've slipped) if i nurse her on the bed for her last feed 7pm/8pm, she can be ontop of the covers, i'll be underneath. then put her in basket when done?

4.is there any advice on grow bag usage i should be aware of?

thankyou ladies

i got joshua one and he slept from 7-5.

our room is 22oc so i just follow the guidelines and put joshua in a1 tog sleeping bag and then put him in a long sleeved vest.

he seem warm enough.

x x hope thats any help

1. are their arms warm enough? Their arms are cold but the HV assures me aslong as her neck and belly are warm, she is FINE.

2. what is the deal with blankets? don't use? put more clothes on them instead? More clothes and thicker tog sleeping bags.

3. we're trying to break a four day cycle of co sleeping (ive been a bit under the weather, i've slipped) if i nurse her on the bed for her last feed 7pm/8pm, she can be ontop of the covers, i'll be underneath. then put her in basket when done? They're not meant to sleep on covers. My HV bitched at me for it.

4.is there any advice on grow bag usage i should be aware of? Get an GroEgg, they are perfect for telling you what to put them in depending on the colour of the egg.

Before the egg I tend to go with what I was feeling. If I'm cold I will pop her in a vest, sleepsuit and sleeping bag x

yeah sorry i agree with toria.

ive got a gro egg (or whatever its called)and it fantastic.

I feel I know Chloe well enough to know what to dress her in, she has a 1 tog bag and a sleepsuit. She sleeps really well in it

I made a sleeping sack thing for Charlotte. They are just too expensive at the store so I bought some nice cuddly, warm fleece and made one. She seems to really enjoy it. I know we're not supposed to, but since the heat in our house isn't on yet and it's getting really cold (20's F last night) she gets a blanket on her too...she loves the blanket and loves the sleep sack thingy.

Oh dear! lol Rebecca has....

vest, long-sleeve sleep suit, 1.5 tog sleeping bag, sheet and 2 thin blankets! haha

Her room is 18 degrees but without all the layers she has freezing cold arms, hands and face. If she has any fewer layers her feet are freezing in morning too and she wakes up more often in the night.

TBH in old days (when I was a baby) we all got so wrapped up warm. It'ds only nowadays we keep babies cool.

btw I'm a very cold person and when pregnant I spent most of summer with my bump warming in the sun...think she just likes being warm like her mum

Oh, forgot to say...she has scratch mitts on her hands too!

1. are their arms warm enough? Their arms are cold but the HV assures me aslong as her neck and belly are warm, she is FINE.

2. what is the deal with blankets? don't use? put more clothes on them instead? More clothes and thicker tog sleeping bags.

3. we're trying to break a four day cycle of co sleeping (ive been a bit under the weather, i've slipped) if i nurse her on the bed for her last feed 7pm/8pm, she can be ontop of the covers, i'll be underneath. then put her in basket when done? They're not meant to sleep on covers. My HV bitched at me for it.
4.is there any advice on grow bag usage i should be aware of? Get an GroEgg, they are perfect for telling you what to put them in depending on the colour of the egg.

Before the egg I tend to go with what I was feeling. If I'm cold I will pop her in a vest, sleepsuit and sleeping bag x

how do people who co sleep go on?

Alasdair has a 2.5 tog duvet and has 2 blankets on top (sometimes 3) but our house is cold as ice! And the blankets obviously only go up to the top of his tummy. Grobags are really good but I don't feel that they provide as much warmth as they say they do. If Ally stirs in the night I check his chest to see how warm he is and if he is cold I just pop another blanket on but if I checked his hands I'd always be shoving blankets on!

If you co-sleep put them on top of your covers. They can't wriggle out from under the covers if they're hot, because they're in a bag. A couple of times (since Bethanie has been older), she went under the cover in one and got pretty hot quickly so I wouldn't recommend it personally.

If you find their arms are cold, put a long sleeved sleepsuit on them.. or if it's too hot in the room, try not to worry too much.. little ones often get a little cold on the arms/hands but apparently if their tummy is nice and warm, they are ok.

Check Grobag's website (search it in Google) and they have a good temperature guide for you - tells you what to dress them in etc

we use sleeping bags too and the gro egg, now its getting colder maddi wears a sleepsuit and vest, plus a 2.5tog sleeping bag. when we're at my mums its colder so we use a long sleeve vest instead of a short sleeve one. maddi's face and hands are sometimes cold, but like toria said, thats ok. we don't use blankets as maddi's warm enough as it is and i worry about her kicking them over her head, like she used to before sleeping bags. not sure about co-sleeping, we have never done it with maddi (would if i could kick james out of bed :blush:)

I think Groegg was a waste of money, I switched to a cheap paper thermometor.. just as good. :)

I think Groegg was a waste of money, I switched to a cheap paper thermometor.. just as good. :)

i'm sure i got one when i brought her actual grobag sleeping bag, after i brought the groegg :dohh: yep does the same job :)

am going to try it tonight when she's in her cot for the first time :cry:

:cry::cry:room temp said 19. i thought it was colder than that. she had long sleeved onesie, with feet, and 2.5tog sleeping bag. she wouldn' settle unless she was next to me. felt her neck and chest, didn't feel 'warm'...would a cardigan too been the best option do y0u think??/

(sorry for all the questions today :cry:)

What about a vest/bodysuit underneath the babygrow? That's what I do.

our room is quite cool and I put LO ina long sleeve vest adn gro and a 2.5 tog suit. His hands are always freezing but he seems happy enough.

Its better for a room to be cooler rather than warm. i heard one mid wife on the baby channel say they usually leava a wondow a little open for fresh air! I dont but the room does get cool in the night. baby will surely cry if he/she is too cold / hot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->