Questions, questions questions !!

x-Rainbow-x

Mum to Phoebe, Alex n Ben
Reaction score
Ive decided that im gonna restart using my cloth nappies

since alex grew out of alot of them ive stopped using them as much

but i also wanted to get some wipes, he goes through loads and loads of wipes

i found these on ebay https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RAINBOW-REUS..._Baby_Changing_Nappies_LE?hash=item19b8972311
rainbow ones :cloud9:

my questions are:

• ive heard people talking about putting a soloution on them , which kind is this??
  • i dont just use disposables for his bum but his face, hands etc , is this still ok with washables??
  • how many do you think i will need?
  • anyone recommend a good but cheap bag for them while im out ?

:hug:

you can make your own solution hun....

you can use just plain water or use water with a squirt of Alex's usual baby bath, i use

Water, Olive oil, A teeny squirt of Baby wash,a few drops of Tea Tree oil. i store it in a sports bottle and squirt it onto wipes when i want them. some prople store their wipes in a containe wet with thesolution in it...just depends what you prefer.

yep you can use washables on his face and hands etc...:)

i have LOADS of wipes but you can probs get away with about 20 or so? *depending on how often you wash??

do you mean a wet bag?? for dirty nappies etc? ..you can use a swim bag if thats what you mean ...i have a Blueberry Wetbag (well2 tbh:blush:) and they are fab and they are about £13 or so :)

sara

xxxxxxx

I have a lovely Monkey Foot wetbag which I looove, I recommend you get one with a zip as the drawstring are not so good. :D

can you make your own wipes??

the ones ive seen on ebay just look like fleece cut into squares ??

or are they rubbish ones?

yeh course you can hun..i prefer bamboo velour to fleece but yeh you can make em out of terry nappies, old towels, face cloths etc....i wouldnt bother buying them if they look like cut up fleece..(I'll have a look in a sec) cos if thats all they are then you are gettin ripped off! and can just go out and buy some fleece to cut up :)

sara

xxxxxxxx

they're just fllece thats been serged round the edges to make it look nice hun....check out these https://weenotions.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=12&zenid=orgqe8ug66m0mo9u39spjqlba3 you can pick colour, fabric etc etc...a little more pricey but they are lovely :)

I bought some minky the other day to make into wipes, going to back them with terry I think, I like using that. Wish I had a serger going to have to zig zag the edge.

yeh i love terry - especially for poo...gets em clean really quick ..sorry TMI:haha: never thought of Minkee for wipes...that will be lovely on their bootys :thumbup: great idea hun :)

s

xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"