Questions to ask a dr?

DaisyBee

Mom of 2
Reaction score
I miscarried almost 2 weeks ago now. I have a dr appt today to have my blood hcg tested to make sure its down & a scan as well. I want to take today's appt as an opportunity to ask lots of questions.

I've miscarried 2x's now - 1st time in december at 6 weeks. Now at the end of april at 6 weeks. THe dr I was seeing before said "its just one of those things" and 'just try again".

Any thoughts on what I could ask or should ask? DH & I want to ttc - but want to make sure we are doing everything we can to have the pregnancy be healthy. I am going to ask for tests - but dont know if this new dr will be willing - the last dr wasnt - since I have a daughter who is 17months.

Any feedback would be great!:flower:

I think they should definitely do tests. I went to a FS after 2 miscarriages and they ran a bunch of tests. Nothing to explain the miscarriages yet, but it feels so good to have someone who is really trying to help me have a healthy pregnancy, rather than just telling me to try again. I can't set myself up for another loss without knowing we're doing everything we can to make things better.

This dr isnt willing to do tests either. She says if I miscarry again then she will - but I've had a baby not that long ago and right now they will assume chromosome. She said that the miscarriage rate for women in their 30's is 1/3 which seems quite high - so she said its going to happen that sometimes women will have more than 1. It was hard to hear - but she was great & really listened. I found out that my chart was wrong - as it says that my daughter had igr (growth restriction) which isnt true - she was above the 10% mark not below it. She looked back at all my ultrasounds & fluids & said that if my last ultrasound would have been more accurate then the dr who induced me might have waited another week. (Was induced at 37 weeks & Megan was bigger then they thought she would be & the only reason for inducing was she supposedly wasnt growing). This is very helpful to me for any future pregnancies.

I didnt get a scan as I am done bleeding and we are waiting on hcg levels. If they come back very low or 0 then I wont have a scan & I have the go-ahead to try again after first af.

Hi Daisy,

I am so sorry to hear of your 2nd loss. I am just going through a miscarriage at the moment and am devasted. It's an awful awful thing for anybody to have to go through once let alone twice.

I know that in my region that if you are 35+ and have had 2 mc then they will refer you for tests (rather than the usual 3+ if you are under 35). Regardless of age though I would definitely ask of what tests they can do to prevent it happening again. I've just bought a couple of books from Amazon to try and help me get my head around it all.

I am still bleeding at the moment and have a scan on Monday to see if there is anything left inside, and also have a pregnancy test (scan last week showed baby was only 5/6 weeks but I should have been 7).

There is some good information on the mums net (join together) forum about tests you can ask for if you have had a recurrent mc.

love Pie xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"