zoe6660

Reaction score
ello,
i got a few questions i dont have a child but im ttc :D
anyway...
how long can u breastfeed a child for?
do u give any extra?
your experience would help thank you

You can breastfeed a child for as long as you want, your supply will go once you stop feeding.

When you say any extra what are you meaning? If you mean extras on top on breast milk then personally no as breastmilk is all my LO needs at the moment and I am around to give it to her. Some people will combi-feed - use formula when they are unable to feed LO themselves, others express. My LO won't have anything apart from breastmilk until she's being weaned onto food.

thanks for the reply, yes i mean like formula and stuff.

You can breastfeed as long as you and your baby want to. Some babies wean themselves off, others need a little push. I've known women who have bf until their children were 3 years old! I give my daughter a topup bottle of expressed breast milk each day on the recommendation of her pediatrician, but that's because she's a slow weight gainer. It's not usually necessary. Good luck with your ttc.

I bfed mine for about 12months, but you don't have to stop...i wanted to extend my family quickly(and had no af for a year almost!) so weaned them so i stood a better chance of getting prego. This baby will be breast fed for ever LOL as is my last and i love it sooo much. No supplements here either as it affects your supply, and they just don't need or want anything else until 6mnths when solids introduced. x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->