Quick and easy *healthy* meals

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
ive been seaching the web for healthy receipes for about a week now but they all seem really complicated with lots of ingredients or things ive never heard of in them:rofl:

so any suggestions for *healthy* quick meals that my whole family can enjoy?

I'm useless at bothering to cook, so the only thing my OH makes me make is stew as it's so easy, takes me about 20 mins to prepare and then I leave it unattended for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Full of lots of veg so covers healthy but may not qualify as quick :)

Large sauce pan, fry off a chopped onion, add the beef (salt/pepper/floured first), then once the beef is browned throw in the rest of the veg (carrots, swede, parsnip, potatoes). Cover in boiling water, add in 2-3 beef oxo, stir, cover and leave :) I just go back and stir every now and then and towards the end make sure it doesn't stick to the pan and if needed add a bit more water.

The real quick meal OH does is a casaer salad with chicken and then we have them in tortilla wraps but the amount of sauce he puts on them sometimes, I'm not sure they are healthy :D

its kind of cheating (not from scratch as such) but a quick and cheap meal is to brown off some chicken with some diced onion, spring onion, peppers and carrots and add a jar of stir-fry sauce. add some of those wok noodles and you're done. maybe serve with some rice.

also if you get a jar of cajun spice you can brown off some chicken and add the spice and cook the chicken. slice up some spring onions/ peppers/ lettuce whatever you like and then warm some tortilla wraps. it means your family can make their own wraps and the kids usually enjoy having the choice of what they add. (maybe use plain chicken if it'd be too spice for them). the good thing is you can do this as a snack or add to it to make a meal.

home made burgers are nice as a treat and you know exactly whats going in which is good. you can also 'hide' veggies in them such as grated carrot, onion whatever, and use really lean mince. but mine always seem to fall apart so you might want to search for a recipe for them!

i know these are kinda cheats but hope they help x

thanks girls, i guess i should have added that my husband is allergic to the following

onion
peppers
cucumber
caurgette
garlic
spring onion
leeks

so i have to make everything from scratch.. no sauces, jars or gravys

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics