quick issy q :)

ellie

Mum to Kalden
Reaction score
sorry this might have been on here before :flower:

whats the difference between day adn night issys? as they all have the same inserts?

does anyone use the day ones at night?

we have 1 night one and it is FAB :thumbup: i want ot get more :blush: but the day ones are funkier lol!

I think initially, the day baby ones only had the one insert, whereas the night-time ones either had 2, or had one massive insert (not entirely sure on that!). But now with the V2 Issys, all the types come with both inserts, and the names (day, night and minky) are just used to distiguish between the price / outer fabric type.

Ive only got V2 issys so i use one insert in the issy and the other in wn's havent seen a difference in the absorbancy of the 2 inserts tho but that maybe because i change him quite often!

I thought the difference was the outer material. Isnt it pul to stop wicking?

I read somewhere and was told by someone( rubbish memory) the day issys wont hold up aswell at nigbt and you might get wicking due to the fabric they are made with, minkys work well at night and night issys are just made wih a better outer fabric thats more reliable for night iykwim?! Theres no differnce between the inserts in any of them though!
I use night and minky issys for night and tbey work brill and i only use the day insert atm never tried the day baby ones due to what i read and was told, could be wrong though x

night Issy = both inserts in the V2s.

The reason the cotton ones are 'day baby' is because cotton is really thirsty...more likely to get wicking with the cotton outer so not ideal for night.

yep only difference is the outer fabric - day babies are cotton, nights are PUL xx

I wondred too cos we now use Issys as our standard night nappy. I have a V2 one which Im not keen on tbh :( But 3 V3's (2 minkies and one cotton) and have used all 3 for nighttimes (not at the same time of course) and they work fab :)
I agree im loving more the day prints so we have a pony print (minky) and cats (minky) and sheep (day nappy)

I've used a day Issy at night before with both inserts and a soaker on top. Had no problems. However, she's not a heavy wetter anymore.

I've used my one "day baby" (owls) overnight, and didn't have a problem with it wicking, although I have had it wick during the day :dohh:

I tend to prefer minky nappies in general though, so all my other Issys are minky :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->