Quick Question Ladies x

E

emilyrose.x

Hi Ladies!

Just been having a chat with my OH and talking about your whole situation and just wondered if i could ask you lot a quick question..

When me and my partner was trying for a baby we never looked into the ovulation options and helpers and when i got pregnant it was out of pure luck, im guna be honest and say i dont know what numbers regarding ovulation dates and codes means because even though i had 5 blood tests taken at the hospital when i was pregnant, they never explained what they ment and didnt get any results from what my readings were (my dad works at hospital so he found out and told me).

I know that usually the best ovulation point is 14 days into your cycle but the first day of my last period was 28th October and when i had to have a early scan (which i should have been 7 weeks, from the day of my last period, the size of the baby was 6 weeks) sooo.. does this mean i ovulated 7 days after starting my period???

Just really confused because i usually bleed for 6days so does this mean that the day i usually come off my period is when i ovulate??

Any advice would be brill :thumbup:

Em x

Ovulating right after a period would be extremely early (perhaps possible but not what normally happens). You're right about day 14 being the average ovulation day but every woman and even every cycle can be a bit different. For example my average O day is 14 but I've ovulated as early as day 11 and as late as day 17.

If you want to get to know your cycle better you can use Fertility Friend and start temping which will show you a pattern and eventually pinpoint your O day. After a few months (maybe like 6 is good) you can get an idea of the average time you ovulate and give it up if you don't want to temp anymore but you will know more precisely in your cycle when you will be fertile.

Good luck!

I would also recommend using Fertility Friend, or perhaps trying OPKs (ovulation predictor kits) which tell you when you are ovulating.
Hope that helps :flower:

Grandbleu - Thats what i thought! i said to my OH "i cant ovulate on the day after i finish my period!! im sure almost impossible :/" Thats why im so confused :/ iv been marking my periods for last 4 months in my phone (when i started and came off) so i will have to have a look at this Fertility Friend.. Thankyou hunny <3 :hugs: xx

Shelleney - Thanks hun, il have a look into both ideas :) xx

:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"