Quick thought on Kate Middleton

BadMamaJAMA

Reaction score
I just saw this comment on an article about Kate Middleton:

"Kate looks incredible and should stand as an example to all woman who ‘let themselves go’ and use being pregnant/having a baby as an excuse to gaining weight and keeping the weight on.

Come on ladies…"

Your thoughts, ladies?

Hint: I want to punch whoever posted that.

If we all could afford a dietician, a personal trainer and stylists in sure we would look that great after labor also!!!!
It's not reality at all I'm sure if she was at home she wouldn't look that great she was about to be seen for the first time with her new baby in front of hundreds of cameras it's not realistic and I don't think that anyone should look up to it in that sense.

Yes it would be ideal if we could all stay under a certain weight bracket to put on but sometimes that baby is big no matter how much you eat or don't eat and there's nothing you can do about that so the weight is more, not on you but from baby.

I hate articles like this.

I read one the other day that was actually bagging her saying lets get realistic Kate labor is an awful horrible experience and its not going to be calm or amazing at all. Hypno birthing is all a lie pretty much is what is was saying but yes it is painful but I did hypno birthing and I had a great experience I felt in control right up until the last 15-20 minutes and I will do it again.
Most of the people that write these articles are either men, women who haven't had kids or women who have had really horrible labors.

Lol sorry for the rant that is just my opinion

Thank you for sharing! I was hoping someone else would be similarly outraged!

While I think it's silly for us to obsess over celebrities' babies and pregnancies, it's sillier (and even dangerous) to focus on new moms' appearance and weight. I realize she has certain expectation set out for her, but I would have LOVED it if Kate had come out in sweats and a ponytail. She just gave birth, for crying out loud! Who the heck wants to wear heels right after?

As for the comment, I imagine it was left by a man. How is it any of his business how we as pregnant women and new moms look? Does it offend him in some way if we appear to have just gone through a somewhat traumatic process that stretched our stomachs out and wakes us up 10 times in the night? Why even bother saying that?

I thought she looked great because she didn't look styled, you could still see her big belly still she didn't hide it, the bags under eyes, but that happy glow. She looked totally normal to me, exactly what I would expect from any new mum, and she looked beautiful for it.

It was less than 24 hours after the birth, odd thing to start discussing in terms of gaining weight etc hardly been time for that. I bet she'll be sat at home in her joggers just like the rest of us.

Where was that written?! That is disgusting. I was in town today and saw some magazines - one had on the front cover 'Kate's pregnancy weight loss plans'. I couldn't believe it. She gave birth 2 days ago, WTF. And she's naturally slim so it's hardly fair to compare someone of her physique (who as PP says has access to dieticians, personal trainers etc) to the rest of us.

well it HAD to be either a guy who wrote that or a woman who has never or will ever have children. Also I'm sure the reason she looked so "posh" was because the Queen says so. I would bet money she has very little say over what she wears and when. If the Duchess was seen wearing sweats and a old t-shirt with her hair up I would bet the Queen mother would just be outraged. I would like to see how men would fair with being pregnant...if they think WE let ourselves go can you imagine what they would turn into?? Anyway all sizes are beautiful and all that matters is if your healthy, and happy everyone else can go suck it :)

I find it funny because the tabloids spent so Lon obsessing if that baby would e healthy and harassing her for not gaining wieght. She did have hypermesis graviudm so explains why.

Honestly I think she looks like most new moms do , she was beaming and happy and that's all I noticed . However anyone saying that pregnant women should look like famous people 24 hours after giving birth deserve a punch

Smh. I don't even know what to say about that without curse words lol.

I do understand what they are trying to say. I admit that with my first pregnancy I ate a lot and didn't care because "I was pregnant" I have never lost all the weight, for me personally slobbing around in pj's doesn't make me feel good and I'm better off getting dressed putting a bit of foundation and blusher on. That's just me tho

The truth is that everyone gains weight differently and everyone deals with pregnancy and birth differently! I read on the front of one of the gossip magazines that Kate's personal trainer thinks that she'll spring back to normal fairly quickly with minimal effort because she was super fit before hand and has very strong abdominal muscles! I honestly doubt that she'll do much differently now than she did before, once the healing process is finished anyway! I really doubt she's thinking of anything apart from her baby at the moment- both she and William seemed absolutely besotted! I'm one of those people who doesn't seem to gain much whilst pregnant (22lb total between 6 weeks and 41+2 with my daughter, who was 8lb 5oz at birth, and 9lb 14oz between 12 weeks and 28 weeks this time!) and loses quickly (I was back to pre-pregnancy weight within a couple of weeks and in smaller size clothes a month later!). I don't monitor what I eat, I just eat what I want when I'm hungry, and I don't exercise beyond walking everywhere and playing with my daughter! In fact this pregnancy I've been positively lazy compared with last time! I just seem to carry out front and be all baby, which is fine, just as carrying differently and gaining weight differently is fine too! :thumbup:

Beca :wave:

I read one the other day that was actually bagging her saying lets get realistic Kate labor is an awful horrible experience and its not going to be calm or amazing at all. Hypno birthing is all a lie pretty much is what is was saying but yes it is painful but I did hypno birthing and I had a great experience I felt in control right up until the last 15-20 minutes and I will do it again.
Most of the people that write these articles are either men, women who haven't had kids or women who have had really horrible labors.

Sorry to jump onto this but where did you read this? I want to respond to the magazine/website. I would like to correct them (and assure anyone else who is reading this) that "hypno birthing" is NOT a lie. I used Natal Hypotherapy and, like you, had a fantastic birth experience - a pain free, drug free labour and home birth. It is the likes of this "reporter" who is perpetuating the myth that labour and birth is something to be feared. We need to get the word spread out to as many people as possible that there is another way, that we don't need to be scared of birthing!

Sorry to jump onto this but where did you read this? I want to respond to the magazine/website. I would like to correct them (and assure anyone else who is reading this) that "hypno birthing" is NOT a lie. I used Natal Hypotherapy and, like you, had a fantastic birth experience - a pain free, drug free labour and home birth. It is the likes of this "reporter" who is perpetuating the myth that labour and birth is something to be feared. We need to get the word spread out to as many people as possible that there is another way, that we don't need to be scared of birthing!

Yeah!! I totally agree!! I am doing hynobirthing too, my MW said to me she thought everyone should know about it.

I looked like a crazed lunatic after the birth of Kitty. I was hallucinating from the drugs, totally sleep deprived, my Barnett was a knotted mess... I kept sobbing and was starving from not being prepared to leave my baby to go and get food. Also had to wear maternity clothes for weeks after.

Good grief :roll:...i have a feeling a man of all ppl wrote that quote!

Women are pretty freaking amazing! They birth HuMAN BEINGS! Who else can say that? And plus, i think there is something astoundingly beautiful when a woman is birthing her baby or being in motherhood and really getting her hands dirty. There is beauty in that. Very little comes into place with outward appearance.

Besides, if i had that much money to spend on vanity and helpful services, i wouldn't have an excuse...but how many of us "commoners" will ever get such? I wonder how she would look if she were the average joe? ...with all due respect to Kate, she is stunning, it's just not fair to make such an assumption on women everywhere who do not have the means and resources she does.

Not to mention, someone probably told her what she had to do, how she had to eat, what she had to do for physical fitness, etc.

Plus...thats a double standard...no offense to guys (my hubby is a pretty awesome father and does a terrific job!!!) but i mean, he has many many days that he could stand to "dress up and look good" (not that i care) but im just saying, no one is pointing at daddy for not looking to perfection....why the heck would they expect a mother to be dolled up to perfection? (which no doubt does much more than most fathers...especially right after giving birth!)

What is it about men and their unrealistic expectation how a woman should be. Yes, we all should take care of ourselves, but that's all need to be said. I am sure Kate would rather gain weight to keep her baby healthy than look good but worry about her child due to severe morning sickness.

Yes Kate looked good, but she had a whole make up team etc that did everything for her.
Me on the other hand was pale, (I brought make up and nice clothes, but NO way was I able to get into them was so sore and couldn't be bothered to do make up) and I just dressed in my pjs.

Am I the only one who naively doesnt think she had a make up "team"? She's a royal not a celebrity and she didn't look done up at all.

She definitely had her hairdresser go to her so I assume she had her hair professionally done, although that was at about 10 am when they didn't leave hospital until considerably later! I don't think she had any other beauty professionals visit her though and she did look very natural! Some women look considerably better than others after they give birth! This is me within 2 hours of having my daughter, so obviously no make up and hair not done since the previous day:
Beca's phone 049.jpg

So it's perfectly possible that Kate could look as good as she did with minimal help! She's obviously wearing some make up as she would have been anticipating the media coverage and you need it no matter how great you look without so you can stand up to the glare of the flash photography and TV cameras without looking utterly horrendous! :haha:

Beca :wave:

Whether or not she had those services is besides the point. Women shouldnt be expected to look perfection the instant they give birth. There are bigger fish to fry. Standards are quickly becoming too unrealistic in this day and age. We should be more worried about maternal instinct than maternal appearance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->