Quick thought on Kate Middleton

A man must have written that, or a woman who has never had children.

At the moment ive gone up a dress size, maybe 2, I haven't been out to buy new bits yet but you know what, im at peace with it.

I have just carried and given birth for crying out loud, some of us aren't "lucky" enough to snap back into shape upon walking down the hospital steps! Nothing against the Duchess, she looked wonderful, and good for her, but we don't all have the same lifestyle do we.

We shouldn't be put under SO much pressure from the media. That's why I don't read mags or papers cuz theyre full of shite.

I thought she looked great because she didn't look styled, you could still see her big belly still she didn't hide it, the bags under eyes, but that happy glow. She looked totally normal to me, exactly what I would expect from any new mum, and she looked beautiful for it.

It was less than 24 hours after the birth, odd thing to start discussing in terms of gaining weight etc hardly been time for that. I bet she'll be sat at home in her joggers just like the rest of us.
she actually did look styled. They did it the correct way and they didnt overdo it so people would think WOW this is how kate looks like fter giving birth? She had make up, she had her hair done .. It was clear to me but again they couldnt overdo it because it had to look 'natural'

Ahhh, just how I work hard putting on makeup to look like I am not wearing any makeup

A man must have written that, or a woman who has never had children.

At the moment ive gone up a dress size, maybe 2, I haven't been out to buy new bits yet but you know what, im at peace with it.

I have just carried and given birth for crying out loud, some of us aren't "lucky" enough to snap back into shape upon walking down the hospital steps! Nothing against the Duchess, she looked wonderful, and good for her, but we don't all have the same lifestyle do we.

We shouldn't be put under SO much pressure from the media. That's why I don't read mags or papers cuz theyre full of shite.

Exactly. Before I got pregnant I was a size 8-12. After pregnancy I was a size............. I dont even know because I got pregnant again 3 months later! With my first pregnancy I was sitting in the office untill 3 days before I gave birth. I didnt move much, altough I went for a walk nearly every lunch. I didnt cycle to home anymore because I simply didnt have the energy. 1,5 month after birth (csection) I went to the gym and worked out like I never did before. I lost 6KG and then found out I got pregnant again.. Still went to the gym IGNORING I was pregnant and clearly got overheated. I even had to run away from spinning class because I almost threw up there. So I decided not to go anymore.. couldnt handle the embarrasment. Still went out nearly everyday for a stroll ( well as much as I could the weather in the UK is horrible...) Now 6 months pregnant... I am wayyyyy too exhausted. I am out of breath all day because of constant braxton hicks... dizzyness etc... My sister in law is due in 4 days and is even fasting with ramadan for 19 hours every single day.. Im not I cant do it... or else I will lay dead on the floor. Every person is different. My sister in law might have an easy pregnancy or a stronger body.. I dont... Im sure people judge me for going from beauty to monster..(i really look like amonster now) but I dont let myself go..I just really dont have the energy to strength to and take care of my 9 month old who loves to crawl and stand and eat cables and radiators (yes, radiators) cook meals everyday, try to make the flat look tidy AND take care of myself. Im literally on the end of the list. Id be happy if I can take a shower once in 3 days...So yes Im pissed of at the person who made that comment. Kate doesnt even brush her own hair... fuck it man.

I do understand what they are trying to say. I admit that with my first pregnancy I ate a lot and didn't care because "I was pregnant" I have never lost all the weight, for me personally slobbing around in pj's doesn't make me feel good and I'm better off getting dressed putting a bit of foundation and blusher on. That's just me tho

I totally let myself go during my first pregnancy too - Looking at pictures of myself during that time I can't believe DH was even seen in public with me (he's so sweet "you were about to pop!")... no makeup, hair in an awful pony, big bulky clothes... sweats as soon as we got home... and then I stayed in pajamas for easily the first 4 months after DS was born... It was depressing.

I'm not doing that this time. I feel better about myself when I spend a bit of time on myself, so every morning I'll get DS set up with breakfast, and then spend 15-20 minutes getting ready for the day, and will shower nightly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->