Quirky aristocrat

hremummy

Reaction score
Currently pregnant with baby #3 and stuck for names, as the title sugests quirly aristocrat is out style (I know its not for everyone)

We currently have
Harriet Mae Beatrice (mae family name- before it became over used)
Rupert George Lyzander

For this one hubby likes

Hector (Laurie as my middlename choice) but, I think it might be too harsh

DH also sugested Ernest (ernie) but I think its too much

I love Jemima for a girl but it doesn't go with our last name

DS was going to be Viola (but so glad he was a boy as I hate it now)

And Philippa (pippa) is nice but perhaps a bit old?

Ideas welcome, planning for a yellow suprise

is Hector a quirky aristocrat name?

it makes me think of the Mexican gardeners to posh people on American tv shows and films so I wouldn't think posh, quirky or aristocratic

some ideas:

Cameron
Felix
Montgomery
Bronte
Elspeth
Felicity
Penelope

No I guess you're right, it doesn't fit so well, although we're from the UK and don't really watch TV so maybe the connotation is different. My DH lectures in classics (greek and roman history) so that's why he likes it.

I quite like montgomery but my dd has a monty in her class with that name and we live in a small villiage,

What abour Arabella or Arianna for girls. And Elliot, Edward or Henry for boys?

I posted yesterday in the thread about what names we like saying I loved this sort of name, so I'll repost the ones I put:

Humphrey, Rupert, Jasper, Benjamin, Alfie, Bernard, William, Felix, Hugo, Violet, Indigo, Thea, Lyra, Beatrix, Frances, Olivièr (nn. Olive), Plum, Clara, Cora, Lana, Harriet (nn. Harryo, like in The Duchess), Eleanor, Georgiana, Lisbeth/ Elisabeth.

is Hector a quirky aristocrat name?

it makes me think of the Mexican gardeners to posh people on American tv shows and films so I wouldn't think posh, quirky or aristocratic

some ideas:

Cameron
Felix
Montgomery
Bronte
Elspeth
Felicity
Penelope

I think Hector is quite a posh name. I think it's cute anyway!

I would say you like preppy names. That seems a better description. =]

^^^ Slightly different meaning in the UK! And 'preppy' isn't used much and is often associated with American names.

I love Hector or what about Bertie? Girls I like Eleanor or Isabella.

Fabby British names IMO!

Omg I love your name choices- I wish I had the confidence to pull it off!!

We lived hector for our first but chickened out.
Laurie is a lovely middle name.

I would advise against Ernest- it was my father in laws name & he ALWAYS hated it. He always wanted to go by his middle name (Thomas) but didn't want to offend his mother.

Also like Monty & victor (vic?) & Hugo. I know someone with a Rupert & a Stanley.

Girls I love pippa & jemima, what about aurora nn Rory (or even Rory for a boy?)

There are ao many gorgeous options- all the ones you have chosen & more! Difficult decisions ahead!! Lol good luck! Would love to know what you go for :)

Xx

ETA: I LOVE pp's suggestion of Bertie! For Albert or Robert etc.

I posted yesterday in the thread about what names we like saying I loved this sort of name, so I'll repost the ones I put:

Humphrey, Rupert, Jasper, Benjamin, Alfie, Bernard, William, Felix, Hugo, Violet, Indigo, Thea, Lyra, Beatrix, Frances, Olivièr (nn. Olive), Plum, Clara, Cora, Lana, Harriet (nn. Harryo, like in The Duchess), Eleanor, Georgiana, Lisbeth/ Elisabeth.

Love these too! Our top girls name is in this list!

Adore the name Rupert, its my no1 name (convincing husband currently) Jasper is his choice.

My input as you have a Rupert is Albert, you can have Albie for short, soo adorable!
Love Philippa, one of our best friends is Philippa and she definitely suits it!

I love names like this and I love your choices. I have an Arthur, Violet and Thora and my new little guy will be Stanley.

I also love Walter at the moment and Henry. For girls I love Penelope, Pearl, Juno and Mabel x

I second all of Emyandpotato's names :haha:.
Additionally:
Penelope (nn Nelly),
Clara
Clementine (nn Clemmie)
Kitty
Isolde
Cordelia (nn Cordy)

Fergus
Angus
Wilfred (nn Wilf)
Herbert (nn Herbie/Bertie)
Robin
Augustus
Julian

I love names like this and I love your choices. I have an Arthur, Violet and Thora and my new little guy will be Stanley.

I also love Walter at the moment and Henry. For girls I love Penelope, Pearl, Juno and Mabel x

Ooh Thora is beautiful! & love Arthur :) (& violet now you mention it...!!)

Xxx

There are SO many great names in this thread <3

I love Albert, with nn. Bertie or Albie and Albert Laurie goes together really well too. Also love Stanley, Hector and Henry and Augustus with nn. Gus is great!

As for girls, I think Phillipa (Pippa) is really lovely, and Isadora and Beatrice are great.

Honk they've all been said

Theodore
Edwin
Wilfred
Arthur
Hugo
Lawrence
Hugh
Hector
Lester
Archibold
Linus
Bertram
Oscar
Hubert
Cuthbert
Felix
Bartholomew
Barnaby

Gabriella
Beatrice
Isabella
Cordelia
Arabella

My DH and I totally don't match in the names department, he also loves quirky names, which haven't been a big hit with me.

I thought I would share his favourite ones (he will be overjoyed to see someone else has similar tastes to him:)

Basil
Cuthbert
Penelope

My Grandad's brother was Basil, also Charlie & his name is Leonard, so there's another option! I like basil, but it's the name of a family friends' dog so all I can see is a golden retriever...! Lol don't you hate it when that happens?

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->