quit smoking, any advice?

Hm daddy

Reaction score
Ive been trying to give it up for what seems forever, i always manage a few days but always endup lighting up. Ive tried so much just wanted to know if anybody had some extra advice?

Never smoked only my grandads does in our family and he has never given up, have you tried replacing it with something else? throwing all the fags away etc? doing something in spur of a moment when you get the craving even if its just getting up.. just a few ideas

I smoked a little over 15 or so cigarettes a day for 7 years, found out I was pregnant and quit cold turkey. I could never quit before getting pregnant, he's been my only motivation. There are tons of support groups out there and just so you know, it gets easier but it's still hard for me after almost 4 months, I even dream about smoking lol. I wish you the best of luck and congrats on trying to quit, that's better than nothing!

And I haven't walked into a single gas station since I quit lol, that helps too. I'll leave my ID in the car (which you don't need unless buying beer or using a check, really). That's helped a bit.

Have you ever been given a progesterone shots in your early pregnancy? It is to strengthen your pregnancy. That can make you nauseated enough even at the very slight smell of cigarette. I know what I'm talking about because I used to smoke for almost 15 years before with my 1st pregnancy 8 years ago!
That shot forced me to quit once and for all. After the nausea subsides (after a month or two) your baby should be a lot stronger and your craving days should be over without you knowing (since you'll be busy vomiting) and you don't even feel a need for a cigarette again. Just sharing what I've been through successfully. :) It's an idea,... hope it helps.

have you used any products to help?

i just went cold turkey and did it, but for dh he needed help and was on patches for 3 months

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->