Quitting Smoking - Allen Carr?

Kristypants

Mom to 2 girls <3
Reaction score
Has anyone been successful with Allen Carr's Easy Way To Stop Smoking? I bought the book and I'm just about all the way through it but I don't feel like it's changed my way of thinking much, even though everything in the book does make a lot of sense.

Because I'm TTC I've cut back to only 1 or 2 a day but I just can't seem to bring myself to quit completely. Anyone else in the same boat? Let me know what's worked for you!!

I dont smoke but my DH does. He has quit 3 times. 2 of them cold turkey and one he used nicotine replacements for about 4 weeks then stopped all together. He seems to go back to smoking though any time temptation comes his way. I think thats probably because he doesnt WANT to quit more than the method.

my hubby read the allen carr book one night in December. He hasn't touched a cigarette since. No patches or gum or anything. I am really proud of him as he had been finding it difficult to quit before that, but now he doesn't even think about it. :thumbup:

i know a few what have read the book. Some have been successful & quit, others haven't. Funnily enough, the ones that quit were the ones that wanted to & the ones that remain smokers admit they enjoy it too much to quit. I believe the book is just a kick up the arse for people who want to quit, i don't actuually believe a book itself can make you quit like the author & most of its fans make out. You have to want to quit, to quit x

I quit smoking using that book, good luck to you! I quit 7 years ago never had one since

OK....I did use the book and quit on 16th January 2011 as we were going to do IVF and I didn't want to waste money also smoking at the same time (if that makes sense), but fortunately, had gone through all the withdrawal (it took a good three weeks for the nicotine to exit my system -- I am not kidding (three to four days, liars!)) before I became pregnant naturally last summer. I didn't smoke at all during the pregnancy (well...I did have one the morning after some bleeding as assumed another mc (I was 8wks then)) and only started again (roll-ups) after baby was born and in NICU. I think the Alan Carr book is excellent and will dip into it again in another week or so to cut the roll-ups out completely (I only have few puffs and put it out, but....)

best wishes

I just found out I was pregnant a couple of days ago and need to quit pronto! I don't think cold turkey will work for me, so I am going to ween myself off over the next few weeks. I am smoking less than half of what I normally do this week, and then cutting each week after that. I don't want to mess up and not be successful. I am also getting acupuncture treatments to help with this starting this Thursday.

I thought about making a support thread for those of us trying to quit but was afraid of attacks from others...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->