R.I.P. Tabby cat hit and run need advice

miss_divine

Anya's Mummy <3
Reaction score
Hi ladies, wondering if you can help me,

Our cat, Tabby, was run over today. We think we know who it was, she lives opposite us. She hit him and then didn't even own up to what she'd done, while he was bleeding out on the road and having a massive seizure she stood and watched OH run up, and then me running screaming with the baby in my arms. While Tabby died in OH's arms she got back in her car and drove off again.

Is there any law against this? Is there anything I can do? She caused so much pain and such a horrible death to our poor little cat, Anya loved him to pieces and he loved her and she obviously doesn't know where he's gone. I'm going over there tomorrow to confront her, but I need some kind of justice for this sickening thing that she has done. Common decency should have made her stop, it was only by chance that I saw him fitting in the road and screamed for OH. Otherwise we wouldn't even have had those last precious minutes with him. I feel like I'm going to attack her when I see her, but know that I can't because of LO.

Please tell me there is something I can do or bring against her.
xx

A similar thing happened with me and a (precious) dog. Here the driver is supposed to report the incident to the garda but its not really a crime. I am so so sorry for your loss...I understand the grief.

:hugs: what an awful thing to witness :( how sure are you it was her? I don't know that there's a law but if you know it's her I'd be knocking on her door giving what for! Maybe the RSPCA can help? Xx

So sorry for your loss you must feel terrible. Where abouts do you live? My next door neighbours cat got run down a few months ago and it was witnessed. They called the police who couldnt do anything as im sure i was told that you dont have to report knocking down a cat, but i might be wrong.

Your neighbour though should have let yourselves know and apologised at least. There are some nasty people out there. Hugs xx

I'm almost certain. I'm going to check her car when I get over to hers tomorrow to see if there's a dent or blood on the bumper. A lady directly opposite her came running out to help us and told us that she had just come in when the cat was hit. I will ring the RSPCA as well tomorrow for advice. We are in Wirral, kinda by Liverpool in the UK.
I want to kill the bitch for the sheer harm she caused him, he was like a family member. His poor little body was so covered in blood and I saw him fitting in the road with his body flinging itself up into the air so many times before he died. I was there when he was born, his Mum is another of our cats. We took his body to the vets and had to pay a silly amount to get him cremated and his ashes returned to us, but he was so important to us it was the least we could do.
xx

oh hun, I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. I had my cat for 18 years until she died peacefully in her sleep so I know what it's like to lose a pet! I hope there is something you can do, if it was her she should be punished. I don't understand how some people can be so heartless. :hugs:

Oh hun I am so sorry for the loss of your cat. This is one of my worst nightmare. I absolutely love my cat. I'm so sorry. Xx

Im so sorry 2 of my cats where killed by cars last year :( x

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I could be wrong, but I don't think there is any action you have to take if you knock down a cat, it is purely down to your own concience x

Sadly, you dont have to report knocking down a cat in the UK.

Thats not to say that whats happened isn't really awful :-(
Im sorry about Tabby hun. Im not really a cat person but if it was ne that did it I would be distraught and wouldn't have been able to apologise enough to you. She was wrong for just driving off, no excuse for that.

Legally I dont think you would be able to do much but morally you are owed a sincere apology for your loss xx

Nope there is no law against running over cats, only dogs - which you have to report.

Sorry for your loss x

This is my nightmare....if that was one of my neighbours and I was sure it was them, I cant even say what I would do. I know how you must be feeling :flower:

Sorry for your loss, poor kitty :hugs:

In the UK there is no law saying you have report to running over a cat as they are a free roaming animal so there's nothing you can do about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->