Rafael Ismael Born 26 Jan - 9lb 5oz

carmen

Reaction score
So it is exactly a week since the birth of Rafa, and now i am healing i can finally write about it before i couldnt even entertain doing nothing.

Well as you may already know Rafa was always measuring ahead and i honestly thoight he would arrive early (naive).

Not that i was trying to induce labour but all throughout my pregnancy i kept up with the same things, sex, walking, ashopping everything and i must admit i had a very straightforward preganancy. I never felt to tired i had a glow about me, still kept myself looking good and in the last weeks i was low in iron but that was it really, so no complaints.

Anyway on the Saturday night me and OH had our usual hanky panky ...lol:blush: But not to be too graphic it was very deep not hard though but at a good angle i wont go into too much detail.haha!

Anyway after about an hour i lost my plug very big and also with brown in it, now up until then i had only increased discharge so i thought yep i m one of the women that lose their plugs then shortly after their waters break.

Anyway i went to bed, and got up at 07:45am as i thought i had felt a very wet thing, i had put a kotex on before bed just incase, so when i went to the toilet i could see it was full and then whilst on the toilet more came.

So i went back to the bedroom and said to OH i dont think you will be at football today my waters have just broke.

Anyway i thought i will call MW and then shower and eat and wait for contractions, first i called the midwife and i said no problem my contractions have not started yet.
She arranged to come and check me at 09:30am, anyway about 10 minutes later the painful contractions started, so i got the contraction master out and started timing them. Well they started coming every 2 and half minutes lasting 50 seconds and hurt like hell and i was losing loads of water. When she came out and checked me i was only 1CM dilated fuming but she said i dont think it will be long as your contractions are regular. She arranged to come back at 11AM but if they become unbearable to call her.

Well they did, i said to OH that these were really strong and i feel like such a weaklen but when she came back i was only 2cm dilated but she said i could wait two more hours or go to hospital and get some pain relief as they were every two minutes it just wasnt given me a break in between.

So off i went, my this time i was losing more water and they were so strong, Hospital midwife said to look your dilating so fast but you have strong contractions i think that we should give you mobile epidural instead of pethadine. So i agreed but i had to have catather but in etc.

After that i had about 3 or 4 hours when the pain was bearable i felt pressure pushing down which they wanted me to feel but not the of the contractions at the top of the bump.

At 5pm they came and checked me still only 4Cm i wanted to cry seriously and they said that he was a big baby and although the contractions were regular, they were not enough to push him down.

Then my pulse rate shot up that was seriously scary they said it was a side effect of epidural , i really was scared when you hear the machine beeping so hard. So then i had to have more glucose and sugar injected in my IV.

So the time past and it got to like 11PM and i was still only 7CM so it had took from 8AM until 11PM to get there. The mobile epdiural had worn off and i was so bad with the pain from about 5pm so i said to the doctor look do you not think its better to give me c section as i am in pain, you havent let me eat and i cant do this no more,
They said we think every woman just have the opportunity to give birth vaginally, the baby is doing good.
I said yeah but i m not but they said they wanted to wait. Anyway finally early hours i got to 10CM and then they finally knew that the baby wasnt going to come natural and he was too big.

So they said i had to have vacuum and an epistiomy i was well pissed off as in Hooland you cannot hsve a birth plan, and the one thing i didnt want is forceps or vaccuum or cut and stitches.

Then they said listen, vaccuum pull but you have to push really hard to get this baby out if not it is c section.

So they would make me go through one hour of pushing and then to do that. So i was pushed with all my might for about 45 minutes, and my god his head felt massivo coming out, incredibly big but once the head was out of course the body came out very easy so 04:35am he arrived after 20 hours. Amazing thing, the placenta came out fairly easy after that, they pushed down a couple of times on my stomach.
The stitches took longer than the pushing when i asked how many stitches i had to have the doctor replied in Holland we dont tell, well WTF do you actually do in Holland. They predict how everything goes ... argghhh.

But i had to be stitched in three different places so there was alot....; i felt very tramutised after labour i must admit.

But the look on OH and MIL face was great, and it made me feel very proud.

The next day Tuesday afternoon i was allowed out. From then i have had my MIL cooking everyday and coming to help out with cleaning as i was advised to bed rest as i couldnt walk.

I got a really bad UTI which is common when women have cathather and that was more painful than the stitches. I have antibiotics so that it is now clearing.

Day 5 i must advise if you dont have a straight forward birth is the worst , the pain was incredible i couldnt lie nice, go to toilet etc.
Also Day6 boobs not even funny how rock hard they were, although i love the size the pain is not even funny ...hahaha.

So all in all i had a great pregnancy but the fact they knew i had a big baby but let me have the cut and vacuum stitches i didnt like, about two days after i couldnt stop crying i think it was just hormones.

Today is Day 8 and i have been out to the town hall first time i have been out and it felt nice and stomach and uterus have shrunk again.

So i m looking forward to getting some exercise although i wont be starting that until week 6 until everything as recovered.

Little Rafa is such a good boy and very relaxed like papa , couldnt ask for better.

Now i m looking forward to take him out to the city on Saturday and do a little bit of shopping.

I am going to load a foto now up on the next page.

Good luck to all you girlies about to give birth. :hug:

https://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo140/Carmenita_photo/KAMandbaby.jpg

https://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo140/Carmenita_photo/HardWork.jpg

https://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo140/Carmenita_photo/Picture187.jpg

he is beautiful hun, Well done

Lou
xxx

Congratulations sweetie he's gorgeous!!

And your looking well too!!

He is gorgeous, you and daddy must be the proudest parents out there!! Hope you are still healing well, hopefully you can put the birth behind you soon and next time just go for a little 7lb pink one lol.:hugs:

awww he's gorgeous.
well done you.
we have our boys how fantastic
xx

Congratulations hun
He is so gorgeous

He is gorgeous, you and daddy must be the proudest parents out there!! Hope you are still healing well, hopefully you can put the birth behind you soon and next time just go for a little 7lb pink one lol.:hugs:

next time .... mmmmm let me think a couple of year about that one ...lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"