Raging, hardcore

JoHio

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I need support. We're expecting baby #4, and I can safely say I have never experienced the pregnancy rage many other women talk about until now. I am raging, hard. I am always a high-energy person, but I would not say I am an angry person. Not usually. The last few weeks, I have become a rage machine, and it feels like invasion of the body snatchers over here.

Anyone else experience this? Any tips or advice? I exercise daily and am trying to up my self-care (which is hard with three young kids and a business to run -- but not impossible) and I am trying to delegate my mental load where and when I can, but still...the rage is strong with this one...

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate. You are doing all the right things to help combat the feelings. It could be hormone related, lack of sleep or not feeling well. I was more irritable at the beginning of my pregnancies. Have you tried aromatherapy or listening to calming music? Take one day at a time and don't be too hard on yourself. The family will have to treat you with some TLC. You deserve it!

I went through an irritable phase a couple of weeks ago and I was generally furious at everyone! Tell your partner/kids what you feel like at the moment and that you are aware you are being unreasonable, that helped my husband not snap back at me! And breathe, whenever you feel the rage just try and breathe for 10 seconds before you respond and it gives you time to think.
That phase for me did pass though, feeling a lot more normal now! Just take time before you reply to people, it saves a lot of snapping! X

I get moments of feeling very uptight and irritable , I feel like I'm going to explode with anger and frustration . Usually when I'm tired though .

Sounds like you're one busy Mama. I turn into a raging machine when I feel none stop. Business and kids can do that to you. I generally know though when it's down to feeling a combination of drained and ran off my feet (and get pissed off I'm taking all the load)... add any kind of imbalance with my hormones and everyone hides :lol:

Do you have some you/down time? x

Thanks, ladies. I did respond to this thread a couple days ago, but must not have posted in properly. I am really trying to let myself off the hook, here, and I think that will help with the rage: being kinder to myself. That seems to be behind all your wonderful advice. :)

Let me share with you that today I literally pummelled my husband's chest with my fists while crying because he said I looked like I was going to a funeral (we were going to a birthday party and I wore a black dress..!) so I feel you! It's like PMS x1000. I agree with letting yourself off the hook and with PPs saying tell people that you're feeling that way, it'll show that it's not personal. It's totally not ok for me to pummel DH! But he's over it, as was I like 40 seconds later... 😳 #hormones

Let me share with you that today I literally pummelled my husband's chest with my fists while crying because he said I looked like I was going to a funeral (we were going to a birthday party and I wore a black dress..!) so I feel you! It's like PMS x1000. I agree with letting yourself off the hook and with PPs saying tell people that you're feeling that way, it'll show that it's not personal. It's totally not ok for me to pummel DH! But he's over it, as was I like 40 seconds later... 😳 #hormones

I love this story, Talia! LOL! And, of course, I can relate. Although most recently with me, it has been sadness and anger. A nationally beloved Canadian icon, and personal hero, Gord Downie of the Tragically Hip (and so many other things),died yesterday after battling brain cancer. I was a mess, and not just because his voice is part of the soundtrack of my life, but because my uncle (who this 4th babe is named after) died of brain cancer 5 years ago, and all my feelings of loss and grief and rage at the world got all tangled up together. It was an interesting day, to say the least. But I did let myself off the hook: I ordered in dinner for everyone, and did my yoga and cried if I felt like crying and didn't expect much in the way of productivity (though it turned out to be a very productive day since I was trying to distract myself).

And YES, I think you are all right about explaining it's nothing personal. Admittedly, my whole tribe knows this about me already, since I have some mental health issues and one of my best family-related strategies has been to make sure they KNOW it is absolutely nothing personal, and that I am always trying to get better, and do better. :)

Aww, I am really sorry to hear that. It sounds as if you dealt with it perfectly <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->